John Muller To Anchor WPIX 5:00pm and 10:00pm Broadcasts, Scott Stanford to Do Sports

tvnewsjunkie

Didn't see this coming

John Muller Returns to WPIX, Scott Stanford Goes Back to Sports

Scott will be the lead sports anchor for WPIX and will help expand it's sports coverage. He will continue to host Sports Desk on Fridays.

Read the official release at the link below.

http://pix11.com/2014/06/03/pix-veteran-john-muller-named-co-anchor-of-pix11-news-at-5-and-10/

John had good chemistry with both Tamsen and Suki, but it still can't rival the chemistry that Jim and Kaity had. This should be interesting.

Scott is a good guy, but I felt ever since he became the main anchor at WPIX, he lost the sense of humor and spontaneity which I liked about him when he was at WNBC.

John had good chemistry with both Tamsen and Suki, but it still can't rival the chemistry that Jim and Kaity had. This should be interesting.

Scott is a good guy, but I felt ever since he became the main anchor at WPIX, he lost the sense of humor and spontaneity which I liked about him when he was at WNBC.

In which this case, you hope when he's back to his wheelhouse, the humor and spontaneity that made scott SCOTT, comes back, no?

Here's another lineup that could work with the talent that they have:

Morning (4-6AM)- Kirstin Cole and Kori Chambers (or Craig Treadway)

Weather: Rachel Frank

Morning (6-9AM)- Marysol Castro and Dan Mannarino (Add Kori or Craig if Dan leaves)

Suggestion: Bring Back Lynne White if she's available! She would probably work well with Kori, Craig, or even Dan.

Weather (6-9AM)- Linda Church

11AM (if this ever happens):

Tamsen Fadal and John Muller

Weather: Rachel Frank or Linda Church

Sports: Andy Adler

5PM

Tamsen Fadal, John Muller, Mr. G (or Craig Allen)

Launch a 6PM Newscast

Kaity Tong, Jim Watkins (what does Jim do now? Still Fios1? If WPIX can bring back John Muller and the old custom theme, what's wrong with bringing back Jim?), Mr. G (or Craig Allen), Scott Stanford

10PM

Kaity Tong, Jim Watkins, Mr. G (or Craig Allen), Scott Stanford

6-9AM Weekends (if this ever happens)

Get 2 new anchors, have Chris Knowles do weather

6&10PM Weekends

Bring back Peter Thorne and Jackie Hyland, Craig Allen (or Joe Cioffi if Craig takes over for Mr. G), add sports anchor (how about Dyrol Joyner? Is he still at the station?)

I feel this reunites Jim and Kaity on weekdays, while at the same time not making it too awkward for such a radical change back to the pre-2010 era. This allows for a "lighter" feel for the 5pm newscast with Tamsen and John, while getting a little more down to business at 10pm with Jim and Kaity (and improving their ratings at 10, hopefully). Again, I will repeat, this is what I WANT them to do, not what I think will happen or is already confirmed to happen.

Morning (6-9AM)- Marysol Castro and Dan Mannarino (Add Kori or Craig if Dan leaves)

Suggestion: Bring Back Lynne White if she's available! She would probably work well with Kori, Craig, or even Dan.

5PM

Launch a 6PM Newscast

Kaity Tong, Jim Watkins (what does Jim do now? Still Fios1? If WPIX can bring back John Muller and the old custom theme, what's wrong with bringing back Jim?), Mr. G (or Craig Allen), Scott Stanford

10PM

6&10PM Weekends

Bring back Peter Thorne and Jackie Hyland, Craig Allen (or Joe Cioffi if Craig takes over for Mr. G), add sports anchor (how about Dyrol Joyner? Is he still at the station?)

I feel this reunites Jim and Kaity on weekdays, while at the same time not making it too awkward for such a radical change back to the pre-2010 era. This allows for a "lighter" feel for the 5pm newscast with Tamsen and John, while getting a little more down to business at 10pm with Jim and Kaity (and improving their ratings at 10, hopefully). Again, I will repeat, this is what I WANT them to do, not what I think will happen or is already confirmed to happen.

[yt]XFcqGGMPc3k[/yt]

Guest NewsHound

5PM

Launch a 6PM Newscast

10PM

6&10PM Weekends

Oh come on! If you want to make long unrealistic posts like this, please go live in the Speculatron 9000! Jim isn't there anymore and won't be coming back, Jim and Kaity won't be back on weeknights. Jackie Hyland is in Raleigh, NC. Half the people you listed aren't there anymore, and most likely won't be coming back. So John Muller's stint doing red eye shift didn't work at ABC, big f****** deal, this doesn't mean that everyone is coming back and we're going back in time to 2006. It ain't gonna happen, so go be a troll somewhere else. Thanks. :rant: Now i'll :chill: .

Oh come on! If you want to make long unrealistic posts like this, please go live in the Speculatron 9000! Jim isn't there anymore and won't be coming back, Jim and Kaity won't be back on weeknights. Jackie Hyland is in Raleigh, NC. Half the people you listed aren't there anymore, and most likely won't be coming back. So John Muller's stint doing red eye shift didn't work at ABC, big f****** deal, this doesn't mean that everyone is coming back and we're going back in time to 2006. It ain't gonna happen, so go be a troll somewhere else. Thanks. :rant: Now i'll :chill: .

Yeah, I know some parts of this were unrealistic, but lots of ideal lineup is very feasible and could easily happen. Yes, screw the Jackie Hyland, Peter Thorne, and Lynne White part, that won't happen. Now, I'm not getting my hopes up at all, but I have a feeling PIX may give Kaity a co-anchor sooner or later. Now, the chances of her returning to weekdays will mostly likely not happen, but if Jim Watkins gets an opportunity to comes back, even just to co-anchor with Kaity on weekends, that's not a major change, and I'm sure Jim would prefer anchoring again with Kaity rather than his stint at Fios1. So yes, some parts of my post went a little over the edge, but some parts are very feasible.

It's been almost 4 years. Jim's molding into News 12 heading to WTNH, I'm pretty sure Kaity's enjoying less days to work, so Jim and Kaity reuniting has regressed into pipe dream territory. We may as well accept this.

Back to the point, as someone who's been watching PIX 11 Morning News from the beginning, I approve this move. At least bringing back someone familiar will help the 10:00 and the news department in general [and Lord knows it needs all the help it can get].

Well Dan is on his way out of WPIX as well so he would be out of the anchor running. And aren't they demoting him back to a reporter before he leaves for good? This is his second go at anchoring. He anchored what 2 weekends with Kaity last summer and we all know how that ended.

Well Dan is on his way out of WPIX as well so he would be out of the anchor running.

I don't mean to call you out but you continue to repeat this as if it was confirmed. The report from Jerry Barmash was a rumor from people inside WPIX. It was never confirmed and based on his report, is was supposed to happen already. Now, it could eventually happen. But as of right now, Mr. Barmash's report has just come up blank.

And separately but similarly, the 11am and weekend morning newscasts were supposed to start for May sweeps. That didn't happen and it's very likely just another rumor that became nothing.

I don't mean to call you out but you continue to repeat this as if it was confirmed. The report from Jerry Barmash was a rumor from people inside WPIX. It was never confirmed and based on his report, is was supposed to happen already. Now, it could eventually happen. But as of right now, Mr. Barmash's report has just come up blank.

And separately but similarly, the 11am and weekend morning newscasts were supposed to start for May sweeps. That didn't happen and it's very likely just another rumor that became nothing.

Alrighty then.... :rolleyes: When did I ever say it was confirmed? I said he was on his way out but no way in ever did I ever say it was confirmed

• 3 weeks later...

Well guess what, it's June 23rd and the 5pm newscast is on. And Scott Stanford's still anchoring. I'm not surprised, maybe John will be on at 10pm? or tomorrow? Almost every "newcomer" debuted later than all the articles stated. And I guess the same holds true for this change.

Just had the following exhange w/ WPIX on twitter:

@PIX11 Just so you know, lots of people were looking forward to his debut tonight. Press shouldn't go out till a start date is set in stone!

@jtnwp John is in the building! Rehearsals, blocking and other behind the scenes stuff happening this week!

@jtnwp he's in rehearsals next 2 weeks!

2 weeks of rehearsal? They must be reformatting the whole show.

I know we've discussed this a bunch of times already, but they should really have Craig Allen replace Mr. G. He (craig) seems to have great chemistry with both Tamsen and Scott. And I'm sure he'll get along fine with John too. Is Mr. G even a meteorologist? Besides WPIX and a short stint at WCBS, he (mr. g) seems to have less credibility than Craig Allen.

I know we've discussed this a bunch of times already, but they should really have Craig Allen replace Mr. G. He (craig) seems to have great chemistry with both Tamsen and Scott. And I'm sure he'll get along fine with John too. Is Mr. G even a meteorologist? Besides WPIX and a short stint at WCBS, he (mr. g) seems to have less credibility than Craig Allen.

No. He has a bachelor's degree in history and a master's in secondary education. He was a teacher before PIX hired him to do the weather.

Archived