WAGA FOX 5 new set coming?

KRAP-TV

WOW! Yeah, 2 months of constructing for a set like that? Absolutely amazing. It's so nice to see Devlin produce something that's not cookie cutter and generic like most of the Sinclair stations. This is absolutely stunning and easily my favorite news set in a while.

Something pretty cool about it is that moving wall with those 4 monitors in it.

I think everyone who keeps bringing up their work for Sinclair needs to look beyond that. Devlin is an amazing set designer who can put out cutting edge sets like KTVA, KSAZ and now this.

But, I can't say this better:

Probably because you get what you pay for...

I'm sure because of WAGA's position in the market, they were able to get a set like this as opposed to KMSP whose new set is rather uninspiring and takes cues from Sinclair.

But in the end its a set and I don't think its going to change their position in the ratings. We're really the only ones who care about this kind of stuff. The people whose dials are rusted on WSB will continue to stick with WSB.

But it is an awesome set, so much I'm actually kind of jealous, while I'm stuck with a virtual set and five bland or cookie cutter sets.

Great job Devlin! I know you can outdo yourself, but with this, it's going to be tougher and tougher with every great design you put out. And with great design, I'm not talking about Sinclair. I'm talking about the standout sets like KTVA, KSAZ and this.

I've just seen the preview video, and let me just say that it is a BILLION times better than the drab, tiny news sets I had to put up with in Fairbanks (though by comparison, KTVA's -- also by Devlin -- feels large-market themselves)!

WOW, that set is absolutely stunning. It may be (arguably) one of the best local news sets in the country, and I haven't even seen it on air yet.

Sure, the wait was painful, but this makes it all worth it.

This is one of the Best Sets I seen in a long time. By far the best in Atlanta. There's 10 times better than WGCL and 100 times better than WXIA. I bet WSB is going to change their design after seeing this.

I absolutely LOVE this set! I think Devlin has outdone themselves once again. I really think SKBL17 this is one of the best sets in the whole country, whether local or national. Cant wait to see it on air! Does anyone know what broadcast it will debut with Monday?

According to TVNewsCheck, it will debut on their morning show at 4:30 AM on Monday.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/78302/waga-atlanta-to-debut-new-set-on-monday

It's not a timelapse, but here's a behind the scenes video:

That was some seriously deep music for a behind the scenes video. Almost made it seem like they were reconstructing the station after it had been destroyed or something and now they've risen back up to glory.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the Best Sets I seen in a long time. By far the best in Atlanta. There's 10 times better than WGCL and 100 times better than WXIA. I bet WSB is going to change their design after seeing this.

I would say it 1000 times better than WGCL and 20 times better than WXIA.... WGCL to me is like a blue wall, and WXIA is not bad, but the only problem is they have the Newsroom open, but WXIA has been having the Newsroom as their backdrop for years.

a viewer on facebook asked Justin Farmer did he see Channel 5 set? Justin reply: Just wait....Sounds like the folks at WSB going to trump WAGA.

I personally think it would be difficult to trump this set unless of course they decided to go with a set to rival ESPN's new SportsCenter studio (or even Fox Sport's LA or NBCSNs studios).

This set has to be the most impressive set I've seen for a local news station in the past two or three years. I do wonder why they didn't fix a motor on the pivoting news desk - in one of the videos you could see a person behind the anchors pushing it.

This set has to be the most impressive set I've seen for a local news station in the past two or three years. I do wonder why they didn't fix a motor on the pivoting news desk - in one of the videos you could see a person behind the anchors pushing it.

They could have placed a rotating platform in that spot where the desk is, but that would have added more time and money into the construction process.

Archived