WAGA FOX 5 new set coming?

KRAP-TV

They've been on a temp set for a couple of weeks now, but it's clear something big's happening.

It's been seven years since their current set was built, so they are overdue. Can't wait to see what Devlin comes up with.

They've been on a temp set for a couple of weeks now, but it's clear something big's happening.

It's been seven years since their current set was built, so they are overdue. Can't wait to see what Devlin comes up with.

How's seven years overdue for a set? Some stations could be in set for 10 years or more. I didn't see anything wrong with the current WAGA/FOX 5 set. It was a mandated set, but I hope(the new set) it not a KSAZ look-a-like set. so WXIA got a new set last yr, WGCL has new digs, (which is a bore), now WAGA. It only a matter of time for WSB the city king news leader. I like WSB set.

How's seven years overdue for a set? Some stations could be in set for 10 years or more. I didn't see anything wrong with the current WAGA/FOX 5 set. It was a mandated set, but I hope(the new set) it not a KSAZ look-a-like set. so WXIA got a new set last yr, WGCL has new digs, (which is a bore), now WAGA. It only a matter of time for WSB the city king news leader. I like WSB set.

I guess it's a market by market thing. Sure, in some markets, sets can easily go for ten years plus (remember WBNS before 2012?). Here, no station has a set that's older than 2006. Thus, my view of "overdue" would be different from, say, someone who watches a small market station, where sets (and production values) can easily last for ten or more years.

WGCL changes their sets almost as frequently as they do their branding. WUVG and WKTB only launched news operations a couple of years back. WXIA actually had a pretty good set in 2006, and tweaks were made in 2010, but as you pointed out, it was rebuilt last year. WAGA's corporate set lasted seven years. Notice a trend? In this market, it is incredibly difficult to let a station keep a set for more than eight years or so. WSB might make it to 2016 with its current set, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

I will gladly admit that the definition of an "overdue set" will vary across the country and even across the world. Hell, the word even varies in its use amongst users on this site. I may consider "overdue" to be seven or eight years, while others may consider "overdue" to be fifteen years. It depends on the person and the market.

And to be honest? I actually find WAGA's set, corporate mandate or not, a bit stale.

I will give you this, however: WSB, while its current set is almost eight years old, it's basic structure actually dates back to the mid 1990s, even with the move to Digital White Columns in 1998.

Someone posted on here awhile back that Craig Lucie said WSB would be getting a new set by the end of this year.

Yeah last year when I went to visit the new newsroom Craig told me sometime this year they're going to get a new set

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame they want to keep the progress of a set a secret. Especially when so many other outlets choose to at least tease elements of a new set, if not outright show the progress as it's happening.

Oh well; it will debut one of these days...

• 1 month later...

Bumping the thread to see if anyone has any insights into the debut for the new set. It is my understanding that they have been on the temporary set since May 26th. Whatever they are working on, it's taking a really long time. And they've kept the lid on this pretty well. Not a single leak from what I can tell...

Wonder if another WNBC happened where management changed their mind about something after the set was finished. Nothing should really take this long...

If they're still on a temporary set after over 2 months then yeah, either the set is something super duper extravagant that's taking an awful amount of time or a WNBC or something similar to it happened. Unless...their temporary set is their new set! Conspiracy theories are fun. It's also really odd that seemingly nobody knows anything about it and what's going on aside from management, Fox and whoever is suppose to be building it.

I have a good hunch that DDG is designing new news sets for FOX O&O, I know its too soon to tell that KDFW (my home station) will be getting a new set soon.

'FOX News' has apparently signed a pre-construction lease of the second Victory Park building, so it may be coming later than you think.

That has to easily be Devlin's best set in a long time. After doing a boatload of uninspiring Sinclair sets, Devlin stepped up and hit a home run. Now, WAGA has to convince people to turn from WSB and see the new digs.

DAMN. Now, we face the obvious issue. Every other Fox station that gets a new set in due time will be judged against this one, and I have the feeling that, because the other stations aren't as competitive as WAGA in their markets, we'll likely be a little disappointed each time.

But this is sweet.

Archived