The Hearst Thread

aleckrohto

Hi, Alec. Can you please remove the word 'new' from the title of this thread? I feel like 2 years old isn't new anymore.

So long as the next one is the "Newer" followed by the "Newest", I think we'll be okay. :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's happened again. WDSU anchor Scott Walker has been mistaken for the Wisconsin Governor of the same name. This time by Donald Trump, who in congratulating his one-time rival Presidential candidate (whose Twitter handle is @ScottWalker) on a speech attacking Hillary Clinton and the assessment of her email investigation by FBI head James Comey, accidentally linked his message to the Twitter account of the Scott Walker not running a U.S. state (@ScottWalker6).

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/donald-trump-mistaking-wdsus-scott-walker-for-gov-is-not-uncommon-for-the-tv-anchor/40810178?src=app

Of course, being mistaken for someone more well-known could have been worse. Look at the social media crapstorm that WBAL sports anchor Gerry Sandusky went through when the former Penn State assistant football coach (whose name is spelled with a "J") was charged with and later convicted of paedophelia/rape.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

WMTW has switched to the new layout, while WCVB and WMUR are still using the old design. WPTZ hasn't switched over, either. I agree that the new layout seems to favor cleanliness over content. Not a good compromise IMHO, but then again mobile is what it's all about these days. One good feature is that the source of the content is listed alongside many of the featured stories. WMTW's on-demand news streaming is still messed up, though.

WBAL is still using the old layout for desktop and mobile. But they don't even plug their website anymore. They say it will be featured in the WBAL app. A little chyron that used to have their website logo was replaced with the App Store logos.

• Like 1

WGAL does not have the new website format yet. But we have some new things they started rolling out.

[MEDIA=flickr]29546346753[/MEDIA]

New WGAL Coming Up gfx ... The effects are just like the news gfx. I'm liking this.

[MEDIA=flickr]29879660330[/MEDIA]

Finally, WGAL has a station logo bug for syndicated programming. I wanted them to have this for YEARS.

-- Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
WCVB has finally switched. It's a nice new format, but a lot of legacy content has been wiped out (as was the case with the other switchovers.)

Looks like Lakana's (formerly Internet Broadcasting) is no longer involved in the sites. Has Hearst taken the work in-house?

• Like 1