Electronic Gershwin Theme on 1980 KGW Newscast

From part #3 of KGW's special report the day Mount Saint Helens erupted, a electronic theme by Gershwin was playing. I would later here this tune (sans electronic) playing on my local classical radio station, KUHA. When I went to the last played songs list on their website, the title of the song wasn't listed. Who knows the title of this Gershwin tune?

http://www.kgw.com/news/Mt-St-Helens/Video-KGW-Aircheck-May-18-1980-part-3-122210024.html

I looked up "electronic Gershwin" and found the album "Gershwin Alive & Well & Underground" by Leonid Hambro and Gershon Kingsley (the original composer of "Popcorn", and often-collaborator with Jean-Jacques Perrey). The album is also known as "Switched-On Gershwin".

Anyway, the track is "Porgy and Bess Introduction and Opening Scene I."

I'm sure there are more unidentified news themes of the 70s and early 80s which came from commercially-released electronic music albums...

I looked up "electronic Gershwin" and found the album "Gershwin Alive & Well & Underground" by Leonid Hambro and Gershon Kingsley (the original composer of "Popcorn", and often-collaborator with Jean-Jacques Perrey). The album is also known as "Switched-On Gershwin".

Anyway, the track is "Porgy and Bess Introduction and Opening Scene I."

I'm sure there are more unidentified news themes of the 70s and early 80s which came from commercially-released electronic music albums...

Just looked it up on YouTube:

(Click to 14:53 for Porgy & Bess Introduction and Opening Scene 1)

Thanks for identifying it.

Archived