NBC Sports Released their schedule for the Final Day of the Premier League Season (also known as "Ch

AaronQ

Boy, I am no fan of soccer, but even I can figure out the marquee matches based on that listing.

yep. simple. whatever team you immediately recognize out in the listing is the 'marquee match' ;) *Man U!*

yep. simple. whatever team you immediately recognize out in the listing is the 'marquee match' ;) *Man U!*

Trouble is that Man U. appears to be in a lesser state than it is used to this year.

I meant based on the network which the matches are airing.

I find it impressive that they are going all out for the championship games especially considering most of the coverage has been on overflow channels devoted only to each game that you could only access through OnDemand and their LiveExtra app. You usually don't see this kind of road blocking of coverage very often and it's very ambitious in their part considering during the summer Olympics only half of these channels carried coverage and they weren't even all at the same time.

The only channels that were left out were Universal HD, Sprout, Chiller and Cloo but the latter two have very little coverage nationwide and their is no HD version of their channel.

Spoken like a true Man U fan :rolleyes:

Whoa based by your response I had strike that chord out from a typical Man U fan, huh? you're a soccer fan? 'cause i'm not. I was just joking with my reply. You had experiences with Man U fans though?

Whoa based by your response I had strike that chord out from a typical Man U fan, huh? you're a soccer fan? 'cause i'm not. I was just joking with my reply. You had experiences with Man U fans though?

Yeah I'm a Premier League fan (Everton is my club) and some (not all) ManU fans come off like arrogant entitled Yankees fans. Just rubs me the wrong way.

Fox did this the last couple of years they had the contract. Well, okay, The Mothership(ESPN) had the biggest game but the rest were spread out over a range of Fox's channels.

Championship Sunday usually has a lot more going on than just who wins the league, which is sometimes known way in advance. You have races to see who qualifies for Europe/Champions League (top four get in), and since the lowest three teams get relegated to the lower leagues, you have those trying to survive. This year the relegations have already been decided (Sunderland managed to get to safety) but it's a close race for the championship.

Man U had a terrible season, they had a new manager replace Sir Alex Ferguson, but he was just fired. (What's hilarious is that in the BBC's Match of the Day openings, the fired coach and Man U are PROMINENTLY featured.) They fell out of contention weeks ago, therefore their match is on Syfy. Man City and Liverpool are the two favorites, so their games are on NBC and NBCSN.

It's going to be a blast. One of the best sports moments I've ever witnessed was on a Championship Sunday, when Man City beat QPR in stoppage time to win the league. That was on ESPN, and Ian Darke went nuts, but the iconic call is Martin Tyler's "AGUERRRROOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH" on Sky Sports. I was shouting "OH MY GOD!" several times ala Joey Styles.

HulkieD, you meant this, for everyone to know what he's talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbF5BTuiIp8

That being said my favorite soccer (or football if you prefer) moment was 2012 UEFA champions league (Bayern vs Chelsea) a game with a thrilling moment down the line that i was able to track down on yt. You might agree with this Hulkie and WCAUTVNBC10 regardless of affiliation it was thrilling.

That being said my favorite soccer (or football if you prefer) moment was 2012 UEFA champions league (Bayern vs Chelsea) a game with a thrilling moment down the line that i was able to track down on yt. You might agree with this Hulkie and WCAUTVNBC10 regardless of affiliation it was thrilling.

Oh yeah. That's a sick goal.

Fox did this the last couple of years they had the contract. Well, okay, The Mothership(ESPN) had the biggest game but the rest were spread out over a range of Fox's channels.

Championship Sunday usually has a lot more going on than just who wins the league, which is sometimes known way in advance. You have races to see who qualifies for Europe/Champions League (top four get in), and since the lowest three teams get relegated to the lower leagues, you have those trying to survive. This year the relegations have already been decided (Sunderland managed to get to safety) but it's a close race for the championship.

Man U had a terrible season, they had a new manager replace Sir Alex Ferguson, but he was just fired. (What's hilarious is that in the BBC's Match of the Day openings, the fired coach and Man U are PROMINENTLY featured.) They fell out of contention weeks ago, therefore their match is on Syfy. Man City and Liverpool are the two favorites, so their games are on NBC and NBCSN.

It's going to be a blast. One of the best sports moments I've ever witnessed was on a Championship Sunday, when Man City beat QPR in stoppage time to win the league. That was on ESPN, and Ian Darke went nuts, but the iconic call is Martin Tyler's "AGUERRRROOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH" on Sky Sports. I was shouting "OH MY GOD!" several times ala Joey Styles.

All that said I'm surprised NBC didn't make a bigger effort to pick up the rights to the Champions League and/or the World Cup and kicked the MLS to the curb (aren't they doing that anyway?) I mean they've shown pretty clearly they can do football very well. I would have thought they would have loved to pick up those rights. Maybe they could entice La Liga to have an American broadcast partner :awesome:

Try the 2005 UEFA Champions League Final between Liverpool and AC Milan in Istanbul. That right there is the best moment ever in European soccer.

As I've watched the intros occasionally of team members of respective clubs heading down the field holding hand to hand with the children. I've wondered what's the tradition all about and how did it all started and why? If Hulkie, WCAU especially or anyone can answer. Case in point:

http://youtu.be/lhkxTO9EQQg?t=1m37s (ends at 2:00)

Editor's Note: Just saw "the miracle in istanbul", another great moment. If I had to choose three moments we've discussed here, I'd choose Hulkie's moment with Man City winning the premier league because Man city was in Man U's shadow and just as the U win their game, the anticipation heightened as the response was expected to deliver from crosstown. Meanwhile, 90 mins reached but no multiple whistle blown yet. With any chance to be blown, Man city responded in intense fashion and earned respect in the grandest way possible. And yes Hulkie, Martin Tyler's "AGUERRRROOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH" and beyond is one of the greatest calls I've heard in recent memory if not ever.

Archived