The Fox Fresh 5?

Dk_mediaNYC

In addition to the format changes, WNYW will begin airing hourly news updates on Saturday and Sunday mornings from 9:00 a.m. until Noon. its a start towards weekend morning news!

and many other things are to come!

I like the weekend addition and I'm glad Ernie is moving to 6pm while Steve moves to 5pm.

I think Christina Park needs to make her way onto weekdays. She is too good to just anchor weekends.

And a new set is a must!

yes they need a new set!!!

Smells like Jack Abernethy and Fox corporate. And it's not a pleasant smell.

"Fresh 5" could be anything - a newsotainment hybrid, etc. It could be an "All That and More" and backfire on them huge.

I like hourly updates.

I can watch WNYW on DirecTV in Texas (Don't ask me how) and I can't wait to see what it'll be like.

That's true in many markets (I don't know how many). You are watching the east coast feed. You also get the central, mountain and west feeds.

The FOX Fresh 5 should be more of a infotainment/lifestyle show with 5 fresh FOX reporters, etc. Steve, Dari, and some others should do the show.

The 6pm would be more of hard news coverage, live reports, weather, etc.. Then 10pm News should feature Ernie & Brenda Blackmon and FOX 5 NY is not one of those FOX O&O to do an 11pm broadcast like WAGA, WJBK, WTVT where they could do NewsEdge at 11pm with Steve.

I don't feel this experiment will be anything like WPIX at all, or at least let's hope. I think this will actually help Fox 5 more than harm them. Unless WPIX makes drastic changes (bringing Jim Watkins back to the station, adding Kaity back to weekdays, demoting Tamsen and Suki, etc.) I think WPIX will stay the way it is. Fox 5, I feel, is becoming a better station as the years progress. However, I wish they chose to get rid of Dari, that needs to be the first order of business IMHO. But this is a step in the right direction IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

All I know is I love when Christina is on. I really hope when Ernie retires that she takes the 6pm. She is fantastic.

It is strange that everyone was off.. Steve, Ernie and Nick… It almost makes me wonder IF something is happening behind the scenes...

All I know is I love when Christina is on. I really hope when Ernie retires that she takes the 6pm. She is fantastic.

It is strange that everyone was off.. Steve, Ernie and Nick… It almost makes me wonder IF something is happening behind the scenes...

Wait...Ernie was off? I heard him clearly in the background while my tv was tuned to channel 5 at around 3:35 during the tease for the 5pm show. So if he wasn't on, either he had an emergency, or something bad happened...

Archived