Tribune New Website?

kcnewsjunky

Speaking of an eternity, the FOX O&O graphics need to go! If WJW has not been redone in its last days under FOX's ownership, they would probably have the KDVR/WTVR package. It's been added on and mutated so many times, it's almost like WALA's old package which lasted a decade until they went HD in 2012.

I was always a bit surprised that the first generation O&O graphics actually translated onto the VIZRT system.

Every other former O&O in the LocalTV fold had to either recreate the graphics in-house (WGHP's attempts are simply atrocious), adopt a mutated form of the second-generation O&O graphics (KTVI and KSTU) or went with a whole new identity completely (KDVR).

WJW only stuck with the first-generation O&O graphics because they were already in HD when the standardization took place.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was always a bit surprised that the first generation O&O graphics actually translated onto the VIZRT system.

Every other former O&O in the LocalTV fold had to either recreate the graphics in-house (WGHP's attempts are simply atrocious), adopt a mutated form of the second-generation O&O graphics (KTVI and KSTU) or went with a whole new identity completely (KDVR).

WJW only stuck with the first-generation O&O graphics because they were already in HD when the standardization took place.

KDVR didn't get a new look right away. A week after they went HD, they switched to a cheap recreation of the V2 Fox graphics. It's a bit murky to say when it happened because the HD transition was handled really, really poorly, but they didn't get their own in-house graphics until 2 years and a new GM later.

KDVR didn't get a new look right away. A week after they went HD, they switched to a cheap recreation of the V2 Fox graphics. It's a bit murky to say when it happened because the HD transition was handled really, really poorly, but they didn't get their own in-house graphics until 2 years and a new GM later.

To be fair, KDVR did a better job than WGHP. But that will get you only so far.

[yt]lUqmXOuLYYU[/yt]

I actually liked the silver/navy blue FoxBox that was used on "Nightside," though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hijacking ever so slightly... with the changes to all the Tribune station websites, has there been any talk to further rolling out the Tribune standard FOX graphics, possibly to the former LocalTV stations?

Did Tribune finish converting their legacy Fox stations (sans KCPQ) to those standardized graphics? I can't remember if that ever was the case. Nevermind that the standardization was announced three days before Tribune made the formal purchase offer for LocalTV.

Honestly, I don't know if the LocalTV Fox stations (sans KDVR) will ever get those graphics.

WDCW has updated its website, with a new address (dcw50.com) and a new logo which is quite possibly the ugliest television station logo I have ever seen. And WDCW's on-again, off-again association with the CW is back off again.

What???!!! I said this almost six years ago that the DC50 logo was by far their best logo they'd created.

wdcw_cw50_washington.jpg

To tell you the truth, this 2008 logo looked good without the CW logo being attached. I dunno what they're trying to imitate with this new logo. The circles around the "DC" part. Aren't they trying to look like the NYC subway system? The 2008 logo had staying power. This new logo lacks character & creativity, and I strongly doubt they'll keep this ugly ass logo.

What???!!! I said this almost six years ago that the DC50 logo was by far their best logo they'd created.

wdcw_cw50_washington.jpg

To tell you the truth, this 2008 logo looked good without the CW logo being attached. I dunno what they're trying to imitate with this new logo. The circles around the "DC" part. Aren't they trying to look like the NYC subway system? The 2008 logo had staying power. This new logo lacks character & creativity, and I strongly doubt they'll keep this ugly ass logo.

I kind of thought UPN when I saw it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived