May Sweeps 2014 In NYC

BehindNYNews

Some Instant Ratings are out for this past Thursday, the start of May Sweeps. Take a look...

JerryBarmash

Eyewitness News wins May sweeps start at 11p (2.0). WCBS and WNBC tied with .9. Big Bang Theory on #WNYW had a 1.5. #instantratings

4/28/14, 10:08 PM

JerryBarmash

With rumors of Mark Effron's exit by the end of May, sweeps period begins Thurs. with #WNYW (1.7) taking 7a vs. #WPIX (.4). #instantratings

4/28/14, 10:00 PM

I understand this is just one day but I have to say, recently, WNYW is becoming a fierce competitor to WCBS and WNBC. I wouldn't be surprised, when the full ratings come out, to see them beat WCBS in the news department.

I think WNYW beats WCBS in the mornings already.

I'm assuming you're talking about the mornings for WNYW. Yes, I think they are already surpassing WCBS in the morning. Everybody I know watches WNYW in the morning. As for the evening, there is no way WNYW can beat WCBS IMHO. WCBS does quite well in the evening, usually behind WABC, but competes with WNBC.

More numbers from Jerry Barmash. Can you believe WNBC managed to beat WABC at 11pm yesterday?I have to say WPIX's numbers have gotten better, even though they are not that good. I feel that the real loser is WCBS, they seem to be falling behind WNBC a lot recently.

Mon. #MaySweeps 6a: #WABC--1.4, WNBC and WNYW tie at .8. WCBS: .7. WPIX: .4. #instantratings

Early morning Mon. numbers--#MaySweeps --5a: #WABC leads at .6. WNYW and WCBS tied at .4. WNBC: .3, WPIX had a 0.0. #instantratings

Day 3 #MaySweeps ends with 11p. Big night for #WNBC, winning with 2.4. Perennial 11p champ WABC settles for 2.1. WCBS: 1.2. #instantratings

A check of 10p numbers Mon. #MaySweeps : #WNYW scores with 2.4. #WNYW: .7. Chasing NJ/#WWOR and Judge Judy/WLNY tied at .2. #instantratings

6p. Mon. #MaySweeps, #WABC tops with 2.0. #WNBC next with 1.5. #WCBS: .9, #WNYW: .6. Everybody Loves Raymond/WPIX (.1). #instantratings

Mon. #MaySweeps 5p: #WABC (1.3) takes daypart. #WNBC (1.1), #WCBS (.9), #WPIX and #WNYW tied at .3. #instantratings

Noon newscast winner Mon. #MaySweeps update, #WABC-1.2. Steve Wilkos/WPIX: 1.0, WNBC: .5, WCBS & Dr. Oz (WNYW) tied at .4. #instantratings

Here we go with Day 3 #MaySweeps in NYC. Main demo Mon--7-9a: #WNYW beats everyone with 1.4. #GMA-1.3, #Today 1.1. #WPIX-.5 #instantratings

I have to say, I watched the Fox 5 News at 10pm tonight, I was very impressed. Dari seems to have relaxed a bit and it seems like the whole show is just, fresh. What I thought was a huge gap between PIX 11 at 10 and Fox 5 at 10 before is now even bigger. My only problem is Steve talks fast and Dari talks slow so it seems like Steve interrupts Dari a lot.

Can you believe WNBC managed to beat WABC at 11pm yesterday?

It happens every once in a while. Nothing new.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest May Sweeps numbers from Jerry Barmash:

#MaySweeps rolls on.. Here's how the key demo looks for Fri. Starting at 5a: #WABC- .7, #WNBC and #WNYW--.5, #WCBS-.4, #WPIX-.1 #TunedIn

The 6a key demo numbers for Fri.: #WABC-1.5, #WNYW-1.2, #WNBC-.8, #WCBS and #WPIX-.4. #MaySweeps #TunedIn
7a #MaySweeps Fri.: #GMA/WABC-1.6, #Today/WNBC and #GDNY tie at 1.3. #WPIX-.5, WCBS (network)-.2
Next step: Fri. noon #MaySweeps. #WABC ties with #WPIX's Steve Wilkos at 1.1. #WCBS: .3, #WNBC: .2.
The 5p key demo numbers Fri.: #WABC leads with 1.7. Family Feud/#WWOR: 1.1. #WCBS: .8, #WPIX & #WNBC: 7, #WNYW: .4. #MaySweeps
A look at 6p key demo Fri. numbers--#WABC (2.0) blows away competition. Dish Nation/#WWOR: 1.2. #WNBC: .9, #WCBS: .8, #WNYW: .3. #MaySweeps
The 10p news battle--#WNYW defeats #WPIX in the key demo Fri, 1.1-.4. #MaySweeps
#WABC (1.8) is tops at 11p --Fri. A competitive WNBC is next at 1.4. WCBS: 1.1. #MaySweeps

Mr. Barmash's use of hastags makes me want smack him.

That is all.

Only seeing demos is making me want to do the same, since I'm not an advertiser the total ratings and shares are more quantifiable than a small segment of a mostly older audience.

Only seeing demos is making me want to do the same, since I'm not an advertiser the total ratings and shares are more quantifiable than a small segment of a mostly older audience.

I agree. I asked if he had total viewers, he said he would try but he hasn't come back with anything yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Well apparently PIX has done well in the mornings. The evening, though is a completely different story. It's obvious the 10pm is so bad, it isn't even mentioned. Read the full story here:

http://www.richardjgraziano.com/pix11-news-sees-double-digit-growth/

I guess some people do like Suki and Kori.

Because more people have watched the Morning News where they anchor.

Even if the article is just good PR, since the guy has ties with the station.

Jerry the Journalist? You took and failed the news writing test at WPIX two years ago and have been dumping on them ever since. Get over the rejection already!

Also your news room sources are pretty obvious...I'll be posting their names in the near future here.

And your other angry source is an embittered former WPIX personality who works with you at 77 WABC radio.

If I was a 77WABC manager I would be wondering when will Jerry turn on us!!!

Stay tuned in Jerry. :-)

Jerry the Journalist? You took and failed the news writing test at WPIX two years ago and have been dumping on them ever since. Get over the rejection already!

Also your news room sources are pretty obvious...I'll be posting their names in the near future here.

And your other angry source is an embittered former WPIX personality who works with you at 77 WABC radio.

If I was a 77WABC manager I would be wondering when will Jerry turn on us!!!

Stay tuned in Jerry. :-)

So you are complaining he's a whiner and you are going to therefore get even... Or something, with him by posting peoples names on this board? Classy.... And about par with the descriptions of PIX. I would suggest you don't post names.

What did those other people do to you again?

Archived