WCSC Debuts New Set

TennTV1983

WCSC, the Raycom-owned CBS affiliate in Charleston, SC, debuted a brand new set recently along with the new Raycom graphics. It's the same FX Group design that was used for its sister station WXIX in Cincinnati.

http://www.live5news.com/category/240206/video-landing-page?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=10089612

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NewsHound

WCSC, the Raycom-owned CBS affiliate in Charleston, SC, debuted a brand new set recently along with the new Raycom graphics. It's the same FX Group design that was used for its sister station WXIX in Cincinnati.

http://www.live5news.com/category/240206/video-landing-page?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=10089612

It's great that WCSC FINALLY got a brand new set, because the hodgepodge of crap from the Lincoln Financial days they had been using over the last 15 years was sorely dated. Having said that, the buck stops there. The new design is too plain, uninspiring, forgettable, and it looks sorely unfinished. Put some monitors behind the desk and put something on the front of the desk instead of plain blue. The colors don't match up with the graphics at all. I feel this was rushed and done on the cheap. While it's something fresh for WCSC, it's already too dated compared to the new set WCBD just debuted and what other stations across the country are doing.

Their studio looks like it's a fairly decent size. Also, while it's nice that they gave some recognition to their engineers, I feel as if it could have looked A LOT better than a slide show with text that makes it look like powerpoint. A group photo would've been much better.

[...]The new design is too plain, uninspiring, forgettable, and it looks sorely unfinished. Put some monitors behind the desk and put something on the front of the desk instead of plain blue. The colors don't match up with the graphics at all. I feel this was rushed and done on the cheap. While it's something fresh for WCSC, it's already too dated compared to the new set WCBD just debuted and what other stations across the country are doing.

I feel as if that's FX in general though. Lately their sets have seen incredibly simple and uninspired. The last FX set that actually looked decent was WCCO's. They can be so hit-and-miss. But as you said, money probably had a lot to do with it.

On a side note, those graphics actually look really nice with their logo, as atrocious as it might be. However I still do not understand Raycom's obsession with everything in their graphics being italicized or slanted. Anymore and the text would be completely sideways.

The gold elements seem too shiny and out-of place. Also, FX's obsessive use of connected plexiglass panels makes the sets look VERY cheap.

I think it's more of a budgetary issue with each company. They're able to go all out for stations like WCCO and WBNS, but the other chain stations are opting for cheaper solutions. They even look cheap and flimsy ON CAMERA!

Archived