New Graphics for WVUE/Graphics Tweak for WWL

mightynine

WVUE (Fox 8) in New Orleans has new graphics. Change must kick in for 5pm, because the morning show didn't have them, but a breaking news report during the afternoon did. They replay their newscasts online continously on their website: http://www.fox8tv.net

WWL has replaced their main fonts, however, the graphics, opens, are still the same. You can see the new fonts on their website by clicking the story about St. Bernard in their video list, then pick an older video. This change took effect at noon. http://wwltv.com

Just got to watch the new newscast online those graphics look FABULOUS. I WOULD SAY SOME PARTS OF IT LOOK BETTER THAN WISH's (JUST BECAUSE WISH's are pretty amazing). WAY TO GO FOX 8!!!

Phenomenal new graphics from WVUE. Huge thumbs up to VDO or whoever made these graphics. The new L3's from WWL are nice and a huge upgrade as well. Of all the days for both these stations to have these new graphics, is when our own Congressman William Jefferson is indicted!

Yeah, they look awesome. I forgot WWL's new 9pm newscast on My54 (WUPL) starts tonight. Any idea on what the new package is, PelicanGuy?

I don't know. I haven't heard this package before.

Oliver: Tell me about it man. But I saw that coming. $90,000 in his freezer? Can you say guilty as hell? :)

I don't know if anyone caught it, but Eyewitness News at 9 had one UGLY mashed up open. Looked really thrown together.

Graphics wise, no real change except for a My54 logo in the corner. Also, for weather now, 4 is just putting a bug over the weather graphics - the only problem is that it somewhat covers up part of the graphics, but it's even worse with the my54 logo, because it completely covers up things like "LAST 12 HOURS" except for the L and the S. The weather graphics for 4 right now need a massive overhaul, they are a total mess.

Renderon did these graphics my friend is a TD there

RENDERON did that?

That is not that firm's best work. It looked like a VDO work to me and given KCBS/KCAL, it was my feeling the job was theirs.

-T

I wish WISH or WTHR would go with Renderon the next time they get graphics. Also that solves our mystery about who would go HD in May with Renderon Doesn't it.

I was just saying that Some of Renderon's better work is way better than what WISH or WTHR has. Not saying what WISH has is bad, or Giant Octopus is bad, but Renderon has some pretty cool stuff.

If you've seen the changes at KTNV, WTMJ, or WGBA - if they were done by RenderOn - they are a huge step down from the original packages they originally rolled out. Maybe someone on their design team left?

I know we have a few folks lurking around here who work at the big design houses--anyone want to chime in?

I know Hothaus's 3D stuff has looked better and better of late...

-T

Archived