CBS 3 set redo?

Jess

Looking at online footage and I swear KYW replaced their main rear projection with a WPVI-style videowall...

EDIT: Okay, false alarm - still rear projection. They seem to have redone one of the standup areas though.

I don't know. I watched the weather video (6pm) on the home page, and it looks to me like a monitor wall...unless they're projecting black lines onto the skyline to make it look like individual screens.

I don't know. I watched the weather video (6pm) on the home page, and it looks to me like a monitor wall...unless they're projecting black lines onto the skyline to make it look like individual screens.

They might have been because the 11pm was seamless. They're weird with the projection screens - they do this odd abstract layout at 10 and 11 that they don't do during the day.

Is that CBS 3 logo made out of...pizza rolls?

Their video wall has always been one seamless screen. It appears that they've added the lines in the graphics computer. That's silly. It looks better without them.

I was thinking either wine corks or tater tots...which would be AWESOME!!!

It's actually pretzels. It's for a special event in Philly involving them. It still looks awesome.

Why would they add those lines?! That's insane.

I... have no idea. 3 drives me crazy all of the time sometimes. A seamed flat panel wall is one thing, EMULATING IT is, well, excuse me a minute...

GardnerFacepalmBig.jpg

Anyway here's their late news backdrop, which has nothing to do with anything. (Click for larger size.)

KYWClose-thumb.jpg

Yeah, it's really blue, but that looks really sharp.

It's better than the first generation backdrops they were using when they decided to refurbish the set. Honestly it looks a lot better.

Archived