Is the panel on Fox Sports Live a thing of the past?

David Heller

I've been noticing that the panel area during "Fox Sports Live" has been reduced to only on certain segments (such as #buzzer) do you think Fox is trying to reduce it to just Charissa Thompson, rotation of analysts such as Gabe Kapler, and others and as a matter of fact Andy Roddick has his own segment called "Roddick's Rules" or something like that, anyway is Fox trying to make "The Panel" a thing of the past, or is the fact that they're trying to tweak Fox Sports Live? Your thoughts?

I think in the initial push of the network, they were trying their hardest to be the Anti-ESPN. Therefore, the extensive use of the panel seemed appropriate. Now that they've settled in and tested the waters, they've seen what has and has not worked.

I'm guessing the less-frequent panel is part of the evolution of the network.

I think in the initial push of the network, they were trying their hardest to be the Anti-ESPN. Therefore, the extensive use of the panel seemed appropriate. Now that they've settled in and tested the waters, they've seen what has and has not worked.

I'm guessing the less-frequent panel is part of the evolution of the network.

yeah that's what I'm thinking because now they're more highlights driven (much like what SportsCenter was back in the 80s) so yeah their trying to be anti-ESPN and I think so far they've done a solid job, and only will get better as the years go by.

Archived