WCBS Enforcer

BricklayCBS

Ok I see what you mean. When they adopted New Generation 4, It seems as if they didn't want to let go of New Generation 2. I remember the morning of the debut of NG4, they used all the new NG4 cuts, but the next morning every music cue was from NG2 with the exception of the opening. Even the close was the old NG2. And currently, the still use this format with all of the old cuts except for the open. And during the noon and evening newscasts, everything is NG4, except for the teases for the 5pm show. Or at least the live teases. For example, the tease with Brian Lee's voice-over uses the new cut of NG4. But the live teases (or at least I think it's live) where Kristine Johnson or Maurice Dubois appears uses the old cut of NG2. In fact, here's the cut that they use (of NG2):

http://www.newsmusicnow.com/player.php?id=2/enforcerng2/enforcerng2breakingnews.mp3&t=The%20Enforcer%20NG2%20-%20Breaking%20News

So to answer your question, no they did not convert 'everything' to NG4, but mostly everything. I'm not sure if this applies to other CBS O&O stations.

So to answer your question, no they did not convert 'everything' to NG4, but mostly everything. I'm not sure if this applies to other CBS O&O stations.

KDKA actually did a good job of converting to NG4. The only things that have not changed are the opens for weather (from Enforcer Series 2), breaking news (from Enforcer Series 3), traffic (not Enforcer? I think it's from KDKA Prime), and sports (again, something not from Enforcer).

I wish KDKA would use the "full" version of the music, though. They use the bed version.

• 7 months later...

Archived