hnic on cnbc

bhratbrat

They have always done simulcasts during the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. NBC Sports Group doesn't have enough crews to do all the games resulting in at least a couple simulcasts. Sometimes they keep it "in house" and promote one of the CSN feeds. They are doing that with the SJ/LA series using the CSN-CA crew. Usually when it involves a Canadian team they just simulcast the CBC feed. Unless some of the other series end early allowing a crew to be reassigned, I believe the MTL/TB will be simulcast throughout. Sunday's MTL/TB game on NBCSN is already slated to be a simulcast. And, since all the NHLN games are simulcasts it's safe to assume Tuesday's MTL/TB will be as well. Not sure what the plan is for Monday's MIN/COL game on NHLN...but, I'd guess a TSN simulcast.

The one cool thing on the CBC playoff simulcasts is they have always welcomed both the Canadian/US audiences. I haven't caught the beginning of either of the MTL/TB games but the past couple years they have opened with something along the lines of "we'd like welcome our viewers all across Canada & those in the United States watching us on CNBC/NBCSN."

CBC puts out a great product and I don't mind the simulcasts. I usually watch HNIC throughout the year on NHLN anyways...although they stopped carrying the second game of the doubleheader a couple years ago. :angry: It will be interesting to see how Rogers coverage of NHIC will be starting next year.

I agree ..when CBC bows out and Rogers takes over, its all going to be interesting, already one change was announced:

George Stroumboulopoulos takes over as host of what will be known as (logic dictates) "ROGERS HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA" while Ron McLean remains as Don Cherry's Foil on Coaches Corner .

Of Course Rogers SportsNet takes over for TSN as canadian cable network for hockey

and TVA/TVA SPORTS become the french net for hockey along with the returning SRC Sports

And from what I understand, Rogers will use the "HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA" moniker as the main title

oh yea CBC still will have its saturday nights but for only 4 years

Archived