Hearing news voiceovers in other places

Guest cfif

I've heard news v/o's doing a variety of things.

Max McGill - Nutrisystem

Bill Ratner - Various movie promos

Bob Tracey - Local furniture store promotion

Vic Caroli - Various Tampa Bay Buccaneers ads

Don LaFontaine - Tons of movie trailers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strangely enough our friend, George Eisenhauer, in addition to his announcing duties @ KDKA-TV was also the voice for many years on radio ads for the former Kauffman's department stores (nee Macy's), and HJ Heinz, (a radio spot selling gravy if i recall).

Is it true that Frank Gari (or his company) did commercials in the past?

Yes. There are a few on his site, even. Here's my addition to the thread: Alan Bleviss, of WRC, KYW and Enterprise Rent-a-Car fame on Adult Swim's "Morel Orel" promos. :p

I heard Eric Gordon while waiting in the security checkpoint queue at the Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport recently. He voices over this video that plays as you're waiting to go through the checkpoint. "A reminder, guns, knives, and other weapons are not permitted through security..."

Strangely enough our friend, George Eisenhauer, in addition to his announcing duties @ KDKA-TV was also the voice for many years on radio ads for the former Kauffman's department stores (nee Macy's), and HJ Heinz, (a radio spot selling gravy if i recall).

Hmm, I was thinkingit was Horne's for some reason. Oops!

In the recent Chanel No. 5 perfume commercial with Nicole Kidman, you can hear Ron Rolland (the voice of WLS-TV ABC 7 Chicago). Listen very closely... you'll (briefly) hear his unmistakable voice at the 31 second mark.

[yt=425,350]

[/yt]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I heard the voice over of FOX News Channel in the game GTA IV... as an announcer for Weazel News (spin-off of FOX News Channel).

Anybody knows the name of the FNC voice-over? I mean the one who also did "News at the Speed of Live, this is FOX Report" on the old FOX Report and the voice over for the promos.

I heard the voice over of FOX News Channel in the game GTA IV... as an announcer for Weazel News (spin-off of FOX News Channel).

Anybody knows the name of the FNC voice-over? I mean the one who also did "News at the Speed of Live, this is FOX Report" on the old FOX Report and the voice over for the promos.

Greg O'Neill.

Greg O'Neill.

Greg is also heard on TruTV's Hot Pursuit as the narrator.

It's neat to hear Boll Ratner's voice in the Old Navy commercials.

Bill Ratner also does some of the commercials for Popeye's Chicken.. It was funny a couple years ago when WBBM would air the Popeye's Chicken commercial right next to a CBS 2 News promo in the afternoons and early evenings.. You'd hear the exact same voice in both. I did e-mail Ratner and he did confirm that he was the voice in the Popeye's Chicken commercials.

Archived