Gari packages on TVPMM.COM

sfomspphl

In case you're not on the music trading circuit, TVPMM.com has posted some classic Gari news packages for members of its Vault service.

Latest post includes most of the found News Series 2000 cues (Cool Hand Luke remake) from various sources and generations.

Hello News is up there as well.

Nice to have it in one place for preservation.

https://twitter.com/tvpmm

It's $25 for six months, $50 for a year or something like that. It's not a lot compared to some of the other "insider" stuff you'd pay for (i.e., access to Wrestling Observer), or even some of the legit stuff I use for work.

I dont mind paying $25 every 6 months. Have been for going on 3 years now. Plus if theyre now adding more items from the Gari collection, even more incentive. And as sfomspphl noted, quality varies with some of the cues, but who cares? Theres stuff we've never possibly heard before now posted up on TVPMM.

I think TVPMM is worth paying for. They have a ton of network and cable news music (the amount of CNN tracks alone is mind-blowing). And they're a non-profit, so your money is put right back into maintaining the website (including the costs of digitizing more stuff).

Not trying to make a sales pitch - I've been paying for yearly memberships ever since they went pay, and I think it's worth every penny I've put in.

I am interested in becoming a member to listen to some stuff, although the lists are a bit vague. Can someone tell me what the following contains and what year they are etc:

ABC World News Tonight

BBC News and Sports

CBS News

Ellen Degeneres

GMTV

Good Morning America

ITV

Meet the Press

NBC - Elections

NBC News

NBC Olympics

NCIS

Today/Later Today

ABC - WNT Directors Track

NBC News - Special Report

NBC News - The Mission

Sky News

If you have a subscription, drop everything you're doing and go to the site.

Hit "Movies". Then on the sidebar hit "HBO - Featured Presentation".

Hit play and listen.

You're welcome.

Hit play and listen.

You're welcome.

Oh. Yes. Ive heard it before.

Well, since I can't get a subscription, what am I missing? Is it the version of the HBO in Space with lyrics you raved about in the Shoutbox a while back? If so, can you either upload as an MP3 for us here, or on YT, or just write the lyrics down.

Well, since I can't get a subscription, what am I missing? Is it the version of the HBO in Space with lyrics you raved about in the Shoutbox a while back? If so, can you either upload as an MP3 for us here, or on YT, or just write the lyrics down.

It is.

It is also part of the vault. Much as I'd like to they do go after people who rip cues and put them on other sites, and the composers (who frequently give their blessing) don't send stuff in anymore. They used to have Legends of the Hidden Temple cues.. now they don't.

I'd like to see Fillaci or Ferdinand J. Smith make those two tracks public, but as long as they're staying behind the paywall, then I have to respect that.

It is also part of the vault. Much as I'd like to they do go after people who rip cues and put them on other sites, and the composers (who frequently give their blessing) don't send stuff in anymore. They used to have Legends of the Hidden Temple cues.. now they don't.

This is exactly why I support the paywall - TVPMM is posting these things, with permission from the composers and the copyright holders, and all it takes is one freeloading numbnuts pirating stuff and posting it on YouTube or torrenting it, and the legitimate owner of said material won't play ball anymore.

TVPMM would have been able to post the full music package of Shop 'Til You Drop, but the Hidden Temple theft happened and David Stanley got uncomfortable. Frank Gari or Stephen Arnold could tell TVPMM "I no longer feel secure allowing you to host copies of my material anymore" and poof, all this great stuff could be gone in an instant.

I know it feels exclusionary, but if it were free, there WOULD BE people who will take advantage of the goodwill of TVPMM. It's already happened once, it can happen again.

This is exactly why I support the paywall - TVPMM is posting these things, with permission from the composers and the copyright holders, and all it takes is one freeloading numbnuts pirating stuff and posting it on YouTube or torrenting it, and the legitimate owner of said material won't play ball anymore.

TVPMM would have been able to post the full music package of Shop 'Til You Drop, but the Hidden Temple theft happened and David Stanley got uncomfortable. Frank Gari or Stephen Arnold could tell TVPMM "I no longer feel secure allowing you to host copies of my material anymore" and poof, all this great stuff could be gone in an instant.

I know it feels exclusionary, but if it were free, there WOULD BE people who will take advantage of the goodwill of TVPMM. It's already happened once, it can happen again.

Last time i checked the composers or TVPMM rather was investigating as to who foolishly pirated the LOTHT cues online, let alone YT. Have they possibly ever checked out one or two possible culprits? https://www.youtube.com/user/Headbanger142 or his friend rather, "Quinn Holt"?

Hit play and listen.

You're welcome.

Just did it and No, Thank you for leading me to that gem!

Archived