KYW new TOH ident

PhillyWatch

For as long as I can remember, KYW has simply flashed their hourly ID at the bottom of the screen in a plain white font, but I noticed a change while watching Craig Ferguson last night. Now. a very tiny eye/3 logo appears in the center bottom of the screen and slides to the left as the legal text expands from the center, hangs for a few seconds, and then closes back up with the logo lingering for a second or two before disappearing. Nice little upgrade!

For as long as I can remember, KYW has simply flashed their hourly ID at the bottom of the screen in a plain white font, but I noticed a change while watching Craig Ferguson last night. Now. a very tiny eye/3 logo appears in the center bottom of the screen and slides to the left as the legal text expands from the center, hangs for a few seconds, and then closes back up with the logo lingering for a second or two before disappearing. Nice little upgrade!

Sounds like the same thing WFOR has been doing for quite a while. I agree, it looks pretty nice.

Seems like some stations go all out or not at all. The CBS O&O here, WJZ never uses any CBS mandate just uses it's news logo with the lines modified like a table the first line the CBS EYE 13, second line WJZ-TV, third Line WJZ-DT (five years after the digital sign off), the fourth line saying Baltimore.

Others it is barely negligible (almost like 15 pixels high), while WBAL-TV has the largest at almost 200 pixels high and probably 900 wide showing the vertical version of their logo (as a frame of reference it's twice the height of the peacock NBC superimposes and five times the width).

Archived