Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
WCAUTVNBC10

NBC 10 Thread

Posted (edited)

Just caught a report at 4 from Wendy Saltzman, formerly of WPVI who left back in 2018 to launch her own media training & consulting. company 

Edited by PhillyWatch

Keith Jones in the newsroom co-anchoring with Denise tonight (Saturday) because of the protests. 

Saturday Night was Denise Nakano's last newscast on NBC10. She has been with the station for 17 years.

Screenshot_2020-06-01 (3) Denise Nakano on Twitter I accept there is no playbook in 2020 Thank you Philadelphia for the lov[...].png

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Mughunter said:

Saturday Night was Denise Nakano's last newscast on NBC10. She has been with the station for 17 years.

Screenshot_2020-06-01 (3) Denise Nakano on Twitter I accept there is no playbook in 2020 Thank you Philadelphia for the lov[...].png

Wow, that came out of no where. I always liked Denise. Hopefully someone will pick her up somewhere.

It sounds about the same time Rosemary is coming back from maternity leave. I wonder if she’ll be moved to weekend evenings. That schedule might work better for her as a mom of a newborn, and Erin & Lucy (or evening Keith) are fine handling the 11am.

• Like 1

Big bummer. After Natasha Brown was moved to weekdays on KYW, I switched over to Denise on weekend evenings. At least (from the sound of things) it was a buyout situation and not a mass axe-swinging like there was at KYW. Who fills that chair next?

9 hours ago, PhillyWatch said:

Big bummer. After Natasha Brown was moved to weekdays on KYW, I switched over to Denise on weekend evenings. At least (from the sound of things) it was a buyout situation and not a mass axe-swinging like there was at KYW. Who fills that chair next?

Maybe they will let Natasha back in the weekend anchor chair every now and then now that she is a reporter.

I noticed Michelle Grossman is doing weather on NBC10 this morning.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:14 AM, SF1964 said:

I noticed Michelle Grossman is doing weather on NBC10 this morning.

Filling in for Britney Shipp who's on maternity leave.

2 hours ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

Filling in for Britney Shipp who's on maternity leave.

Is Krystal filling Britney’s weekday evening shifts?

4 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

Is Krystal filling Britney’s weekday evening shifts?

Yup. Glenn is currently covering for her while she's on vacation.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

Yup. Glenn is currently covering for her while she's on vacation.

Trust.  The.  Bow Tie.

-- Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Another reported high-profile departure at NBC 10 - weekday morning anchor Vai Sikahema

If this is true, with the slowly growing number of departures or anchor lineup upheavals across their O&O network, NBC won't be doing their ratings (if they arguably matter anymore, anyways) any favors.

EDIT at 11AM GMT 7/30: 

It's true. In an article posted by Philadelphia Business Journal about 12 hours ago, Vai is retiring this year, with a departure slated for sometime in November 2020.

More information can be found here: https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2020/07/29/via-sikahema-retiring-from-nbc10-after-26-years.html 

Vai has reportedly been thinking of retirement for quite some time, as he's been actively involved with his church and nonprofit. 

Wishing Vai the absolute best post-retirement!

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Sad 2