NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

13 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

Wonder where the new hire will be placed. Interestingly, Johnny has been on with Tracy at 5pm this week, and Keith with Jackie at 6pm, 7pm, and 11pm. 

Going by the announcement, it sounds like 6, 7, and 11.

Edited by WCAUTVNBC10

2 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

If that’s the case, I wonder if they’ll also keep one of Keith or Johnny in the evenings as well. 

Keith makes it a point in all his social media replies that he is just filling in to help the team out. Although anything can change, but I would probably say Johnny is the one to work evenings of the 2, if they keep him there.

Edited by ThunderJay27

It is a bit odd that Fred's debut will be in late June, and yet a formal announcement has been made in early March. I'm guessing he's finishing up his current contract?

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Keith returns to mornings and Johnny becomes Fred's primary substitute.

Edited by emmi_18

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, SF1964 said:

Justin Godynick is joining the NBC10 Weather team on June 7.  He is originally from NJ.

https://www.inquirer.com/entertainment/tv/justin-godynick-nbc10-weather-meteorlogist-new-jersey-20230518.html

A weekender rotation at 4 & 6pm? What kind of bullshittery is that? Brittney Shipp fills the other weeknight slots, and Bill is still on before 7am, but what are the rest of the weather assignments, these days?

Edited by 24994J
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2023 at 10:49 PM, TVNewsLover said:

I wonder if his debut has been pushed back.

Fred made his debut last night as co-host of the Wawa Welcome America concert & fireworks show. He did a good job. Hopefully he'll be behind the anchor desk tonight. If not, hopefully by Monday. 

Edited by ThunderJay27
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, SF1964 said:

Siobhan McGirl is joining NBC10 as a reporter on Jan 22.  She's originally from South Jersey.  She gets the coveted weekend morning reporter spot.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/siobhan-mcgirl-joins-nbc10-as-general-assignment-reporter/3748005/

Coveted? I assume she’ll report during the week a few days too. Good for her!

39 minutes ago, Jman7885 said:

Coveted? I assume she’ll report during the week a few days too. Good for her!

It's a little tongue in cheek.  I don't remember a reporter being hired to be a weekend morning reporter only.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It looks like they are broadcasting from a different  studio today. Are they doing some changes to their main studio?

(I apologize for the picture quality, but I can't get a screen grab. Maybe some can help out with that please? 🙏)20240226_160656.thumb.jpg.bc468501ee5d87a676809e120455edb7.jpg

Edited by ThunderJay27

On 2/26/2024 at 4:10 PM, ThunderJay27 said:

It looks like they are broadcasting from a different  studio today. Are they doing some changes to their main studio?

(I apologize for the picture quality, but I can't get a screen grab. Maybe some can help out with that please? 🙏)20240226_160656.thumb.jpg.bc468501ee5d87a676809e120455edb7.jpg

That's what was the Telemundo 62 studio. I'm guessing WCAU is getting a new/refreshed set.

• Thanks 1

More pics. I now think it's WCAU that's in a temp location. There's three studios at the Comcast Technology Center so if one of the active studios needed to be taken out of commission they could broadcast out of the third.

IMG_2296.png

IMG_2297.png

IMG_2298.png

IMG_2300.png

IMG_2301.png