NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

23 hours ago, G2000 said:

This morning Frances Wang is anchoring solo.

And today as well. Danny Freeman handled the 11am yesterday.

On a related note, Bill must be losing it. Yesterday he referred to Katie (who was filling in for Sheila) as Sheila. Today he referred to Frances as Rosemary. 

Edited by TVNewsLover
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PhillyWatch said:

Jim Rosenfield exiting later this month.

I thought he was a definite upgrade over Tim Lake. Curious if he'll end up in some capacity at WNBC or within NBC News. 

Wonder if it has anything to do with the NBC cuts as NBC has offered a voluntary early retirement package. Who will succeed him? Keith? Johnny?

• Like 3

Personally, I don't think Keith has the gravitas for anything past the 4pm show. Which is not to say he's bad, but I believe he shines brightest on the earlier shows. Aside from him... I'm not even really familiar with who they may have in-house to serve as a full-time replacement. Given 10 is a sort of "corporate flagship" (as opposed to WNBC being the "network flagship"), I could see Comcast searching nationwide for a heavy hitter to help them gun for the top slot as 6 adjusts to a post-Gardner existence. 

On 12/8/2022 at 1:11 PM, TVNewsLover said:

Wonder if it has anything to do with the NBC cuts as NBC has offered a voluntary early retirement package. Who will succeed him? Keith? Johnny?

The offers were for employees aged 57+ and a minimum of 10 years of full time service. Does he hit that criteria?

So the writing is on the wall that this was likely a buyout. NBCU will save money in not paying him, but I wonder what the long run will hold for WCAU. Will saving on his salary be worth wrecking 10's stability in evenings, particularly as 6 is about to lose JG? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, PhillyWatch said:

So the writing is on the wall that this was likely a buyout. NBCU will save money in not paying him, but I wonder what the long run will hold for WCAU. Will saving on his salary be worth wrecking 10's stability in evenings, particularly as 6 is about to lose JG? 

I'm guessing they'll hire a younger up and comer from within the station group.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Dk_mediaNYC said:

Looks like Steve Sosna is leaving NBC 10. Any idea where in DC he’ll be working?

3318A85B-92B4-4491-8C7F-D04B44EDB137.jpeg

I’m guessing he either leaves TV or moves to one of the stations in D.C. or Baltimore. It sounds like the move happened because his husband got a new job down there. Steve definitely would have stayed at NBC10 much longer since he filled in the most and did a lot of the severe weather coverage. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 10:31 AM, abric said:

He is probably coming to NBC 4 as they are still looking for a weekend am meteorologist since Lauryn Ricketts left last year.

From this ig post it looks like Somara Theodore is leaving, so that opens up weekend nights (and DC-based Saturday Today):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoiMKU0vpfm/

Lucy and Erin co-anchored 4am-7am.

Lucy anchored solo at 11am.

Keith anchored solo at 4pm.

Johnny anchored solo at 5pm.

Keith anchored solo at 6pm.

Keith anchored solo at 7pm.

Keith will presumably anchor solo at 11pm.

Why is it okay for two females to co-anchor together, but it’s considered taboo for two males to co-anchor together? They could’ve had Keith and Johnny co-anchor together. If not, why not keep Keith in the morning, and have Lucy (or Erin) jump to the nightside to co-anchor with Johnny?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JoseRM303 said:

Fred Shropshire of WCNC in Charlotte, NC is joining WCAU as evening anchor; he starts June 26.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/community/fred-shropshire-to-join-nbc10-as-evening-news-anchor/3513531/?amp=1

Shropshire...Shwell.  I wonder who his co-anchor will be?  I haven't seen Jackie London on the air in 3 weeks.  Even FTVLive mentioned her absence.

Edited by SF1964

17 minutes ago, SF1964 said:

Shropshire...Shwell.  I wonder who his co-anchor will be?  I haven't seen Jackie London on the air in 3 weeks.  Even FTVLive mentioned her absence.

Jackie was on last night from 5pm and on. Ironically Johnny Archer anchored 4pm solo.

They should put Johnny in the mix too. Pair Fred with Jackie and Johnny with Tracy.