NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

49 minutes ago, HulkieD said:

Also wanted to note: the use of "COUNT ON IT" has increased fairly dramatically in the last few weeks or so.  It's now part of the reporter outcue.

.......I'm never gonna be able to change my forum description, am I?

I wouldn't......

....Count On It.

• Haha 9

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is Ted Greenberg the new weekend evening anchor? During last night’s tornado warning coverage he was on, and I’ve seen him on the past few weekends. 

EDIT: Actually, last weekend he was not. Tracy Davidson was. 

Edited by phillynewslover

4 hours ago, phillynewslover said:

Is Ted Greenberg the new weekend evening anchor? During last night’s tornado warning coverage he was on, and I’ve seen him on the past few weekends. 

EDIT: Actually, last weekend he was not. Tracy Davidson was. 

Tracy mentioned on IG she was filling in for Rosemary Connors who's on vacation. Ted's usually their goto fill in on the weekends in either daypart. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great news for Karen Hua, but the other woman she was posted with in the NBC10 press release is much bigger news (and maybe a slight shock tbh).

Frances Wang is a pretty big social media presence for a news anchor/reporter and she's really fully embraced every community she's worked in

(Miami, where she is now, and Sacramento, where she was before). So this is a pretty big splash, and maybe there's something they have in store for her in the pipeline.

Overall, nice to see new AAPI newsies join the station after Denise was unceremoniously "cut off," if you will, during COVID last year.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, phillynewslover said:

I wonder if they're going with co-anchors on weekend mornings to replace Stephania Jimenez. Frances Wang and Johnny Archer were both hired as anchors; Wang specifically as a weekend anchor.

I was thinking the same and I'd love for them to be a pairing, especially because I think both of them do better with a co-anchor to bounce off of. They tend to feed off of their co-anchors' energies. Since they're both coming from Miami, they also know each other somewhat well, so there's not as much of a learning curve either.

5 hours ago, phillynewslover said:

I wonder if they're going with co-anchors on weekend mornings to replace Stephania Jimenez. Frances Wang and Johnny Archer were both hired as anchors; Wang specifically as a weekend anchor.

4 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

I was thinking the same and I'd love for them to be a pairing, especially because I think both of them do better with a co-anchor to bounce off of. They tend to feed off of their co-anchors' energies. Since they're both coming from Miami, they also know each other somewhat well, so there's not as much of a learning curve either.

Stephania did have a coanchor briefly, Dray Clark. They should go with the coanchors for weekend mornings, but Rosemary also needs a coanchir weekend evenings and Tracy could use a coanchor weekday evenings so that there are two full anchor teams weekday evenings. 

1 hour ago, TVNewsLover said:

Stephania did have a coanchor briefly, Dray Clark. They should go with the coanchors for weekend mornings, but Rosemary also needs a coanchir weekend evenings and Tracy could use a coanchor weekday evenings so that there are two full anchor teams weekday evenings. 

Honestly, I'm shocked stations are even going (back) to dual-anchored weekends because I'm so used to the cost cutting and seeing one person run the thing. We all know what happened to Dray but I didn't think they'd put effort back into the weekend mornings after Stephania was left to anchor by herself those following years. Yeah, Rosemary could probably use a co-anchor too, but football tends to make it so that the schedule is generally unfriendly. Not sure if they're going to give her one. But who knows? It could easily be Frances to evenings and we'd all be wrong.

And doesn't Tracy already have co-anchors? It was originally 4PM Tracy Jackie/5PM Tracy Jim...or did things change somewhere?

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

And doesn't Tracy already have co-anchors? It was originally 4PM Tracy Jackie/5PM Tracy Jim...or did things change somewhere?

No that hasn't changed. I think they meant adding a 4th person to have two distinct anchor teams in the afternoon/early evenings.

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Yeah, Rosemary could probably use a co-anchor too, but football tends to make it so that the schedule is generally unfriendly. Not sure if they're going to give her one. But who knows? It could easily be Frances to evenings and we'd all be wrong.

Doubt Frances would be paired with Rosemary.

Yes, Tracy does still anchor those hours with Jackie and Jim. I mentioned having two “full” anchor teams, meaning adding another male to the mix. Just seems like a lot for 3 people to handle 3.5 hours, and honestly seems like a lot to have Lucy (or Keith or Erin) stick around to anchor the 11am after the morning shift. Adding another male anchor could allow Tracy and this person to pick up the 11am and add either 4pm and 6pm, or even just the 5pm, leaving the rest for Jim and Jackie. 

29 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Doubt Frances would be paired with Rosemary.

Yes, Tracy does still anchor those hours with Jackie and Jim. I mentioned having two “full” anchor teams, meaning adding another male to the mix. Just seems like a lot for 3 people to handle 3.5 hours, and honestly seems like a lot to have Lucy (or Keith or Erin) stick around to anchor the 11am after the morning shift. Adding another male anchor could allow Tracy and this person to pick up the 11am and add either 4pm and 6pm, or even just the 5pm, leaving the rest for Jim and Jackie. 

Thanks so much for clarifying, I get you now. Yeah a distinct anchoring team with Tracy would be interesting. I still don't think they'll do it because of just how much intermingling they do between the 3 of the afternoon/evening anchors, but you make a point.

Yeah, Frances and Johnny still make for a better pairing, like Nydia and Gray on Sunday mornings.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 12:05 AM, Roadrunner said:

Thanks so much for clarifying, I get you now. Yeah a distinct anchoring team with Tracy would be interesting. I still don't think they'll do it because of just how much intermingling they do between the 3 of the afternoon/evening anchors, but you make a point.

Yeah, Frances and Johnny still make for a better pairing, like Nydia and Gray on Sunday mornings.

I've noticed that Rosemary has been solo anchoring mornings so far this week. Perhaps Keith, Erin, and Lucy are all on vacation? And I think having Frances and Johnny on weekends would avoid this situation in the future.

While it would be nice to have another anchor paired with Tracy, 10 has a strong anchor trio in Tracy, Jim, and Jacqueline.