NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Mughunter said:

Saturday Night was Denise Nakano's last newscast on NBC10. She has been with the station for 17 years.

Screenshot_2020-06-01 (3) Denise Nakano on Twitter I accept there is no playbook in 2020 Thank you Philadelphia for the lov[...].png

Wow, that came out of no where. I always liked Denise. Hopefully someone will pick her up somewhere.

It sounds about the same time Rosemary is coming back from maternity leave. I wonder if she’ll be moved to weekend evenings. That schedule might work better for her as a mom of a newborn, and Erin & Lucy (or evening Keith) are fine handling the 11am.

• Like 1

Big bummer. After Natasha Brown was moved to weekdays on KYW, I switched over to Denise on weekend evenings. At least (from the sound of things) it was a buyout situation and not a mass axe-swinging like there was at KYW. Who fills that chair next?

9 hours ago, PhillyWatch said:

Big bummer. After Natasha Brown was moved to weekdays on KYW, I switched over to Denise on weekend evenings. At least (from the sound of things) it was a buyout situation and not a mass axe-swinging like there was at KYW. Who fills that chair next?

Maybe they will let Natasha back in the weekend anchor chair every now and then now that she is a reporter.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another reported high-profile departure at NBC 10 - weekday morning anchor Vai Sikahema

If this is true, with the slowly growing number of departures or anchor lineup upheavals across their O&O network, NBC won't be doing their ratings (if they arguably matter anymore, anyways) any favors.

EDIT at 11AM GMT 7/30: 

It's true. In an article posted by Philadelphia Business Journal about 12 hours ago, Vai is retiring this year, with a departure slated for sometime in November 2020.

More information can be found here: https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2020/07/29/via-sikahema-retiring-from-nbc10-after-26-years.html 

Vai has reportedly been thinking of retirement for quite some time, as he's been actively involved with his church and nonprofit. 

Wishing Vai the absolute best post-retirement!

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Sad 3

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

On an aside, I saw Rosemary Conners is back on And was anchoring Saturday night. 

also, saw Vai and Tracy will only be on together through next week. Not sure if that means both in studio or on air. Thought he wasn’t retiring until November. 

Have they been able to establish a replacement for Denise yet, or is Rosemary holding down the weekend evening front in addition to her weekday midday? 

And I believe you mean this post from Tracy. Yeah, she confirms Vai is literally leaving his position this upcoming week, which I wasn't expecting. I guess I assumed he was actually leaving the anchor chair in November because the articles literally state his retirement doesn't happen until November....but I guess not. It probably means he's going to be doing a few smaller things until then, or that he was just able to move up his retirement to now. 

Is it also fair to speculate who they'll eventually name permanent morning co-anchor? (And hopefully not do some crazy anchor musical chairs like they've done at WMAQ?) My bet's on Lucy Bustamante, but I have nothing to source my speculation from. As an aside, someone commented on Tracy's post that Vai and Tracy had been the best duo since Terry and Aditi and I thought that was a nice dose of nostalgia for a Sunday morning -- Bill's still the only one left from that team. 

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Have they been able to establish a replacement for Denise yet, or is Rosemary holding down the weekend evening front in addition to her weekday midday? 

Erin and Keith have been doing 11AM, as well as 4 & 5PM since COVID started. So I'm not sure if Rosemary will go back to 11AM or if she'll stay with weekend evenings.

• Thanks 1

Wow, yes. I don't know why I thought Vai was actually leaving the desk on Friday, but I was wrong lol. It seems so shocking because Erin and Keith are literally starting tomorrow and there weren't really any announcements to get people excited, but it's also still nice to hear Vai will continue to be around in some way. According to the live they did on the NBC 10 Facebook page, they've really been working towards this change and are even tweaking the set and the show's format to better align with the new change, like switching the desk out and having slightly new spaces for them to do their thing. But if anything, E&K have great chemistry so I'll be interested in seeing how they'll do on mornings!

Announcement is also here: 

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Like 2