NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

It’s ridiculous there should have been continued coverage throughout the Warning. The same thing happened last week with tornadoes in the NYC DMA - WNBC only cut in during commercials. It seemed to be the bare minimum of coverage and I assume NBC didn’t want any preemptions.

Edited by rkolsen

I’d like to know if it was a radar indicated tornado warning or a tornado that was spotted on the ground? If it was radar indicated but no NWS spotters saw anything they decided to cut away.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, PhillyWatch said:

Per TitanTV (and as mentioned somewhere else on this board regarding another O&O with an hour-long midday newscast), it looks like the 11am news is getting cut in half with something called "Philly Live" airing at 11:30 starting 9/9

However WCAU only is putting Philly Live at 11:45am instead for 15 minutes. The TV listings, for right now, looks like to be an error.

At least they're giving the interview segments a designated chunk of time on the back-end of the hour. Currently they typically split the hour with them somewhere around the middle mark (I'm watching Rosemary Connors interview Sally Struthers as I type)

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

Oh, he's a goner... About to be out of a job. Domestic situations are no joke.  Was he at Fox29 before coming down to NBC10?

KYW and WNBC before WCAU.

Also what the hell is he doing living in Chester of all places? I know he's originally from there but still. Not some place I'd wanna live if I had the means to live elsewhere.

Edited by WCAUTVNBC10

10 minutes ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

KYW and WNBC before WCAU.

Also what the hell is he doing living in Chester of all places? I know he's originally from there but still. Not some place I'd wanna live if I had the means to live elsewhere.

Change that to WABC TV.. He was the morning reporter before Derick Waller came in..  Yeh, he is from Chester but I'm trying to figure the same thing you are @WCAUTVNBC10. He has no business being there. Your a highly successful reporter who has travel technically the tri-state area if you want to include NYC. But being arrested in both Chester PA and Delaware has severe consequences..

PS: What happen to him leaving KYW?...  Did he go there to be an Anchor/Reporter for AM news?

Edited by Spintech33

26 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

PS: What happen to him leaving KYW?...  Did he go there to be an Anchor/Reporter for AM news?

Probably the same reason everyone tends to leave there. No real chance for advancement since they're insistent in using 2 anchor teams to anchor all of the days' newscasts. He was on the bench as far as anchoring went while he was there. They had him subbing on an as needed basis on the afternoon newscasts. I remember him primarily reporting for the noon and afternoon shows. 

32 minutes ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

Probably the same reason everyone tends to leave there. No real chance for advancement since they're insistent in using 2 anchor teams to anchor all of the days' newscasts. He was on the bench as far as anchoring went while he was there. They had him subbing on an as needed basis on the afternoon newscasts. I remember him primarily reporting for the noon and afternoon shows. 

Ahh copy that. No wonder why he was able to advance at NBC10 on Weekends.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 12:45 PM, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

I think he anchored weekend mornings at cbs3. After he left Nicole Brewer took over.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

So... FTV is reporting that Chief Meteorologist Tammie Souza is no longer at WCAU/NBC10..

Don't ask why her contract wasn't renewed. She only spent 3 years in Philly and now she is out..  

Her bio has already been removed from NBC10's website.

I don't know. Tammie was good at her job, but I don't think she clicked with viewers here. "You're going to need the rain slickers today...", that's just one example. The other thing was getting the chief title from "Hurricane". I know that was a management decision, but I think that didn't sit well with viewers as well. These are just my opinions, I would love to hear yours.

Also, guesses on the next 4,6, &11 meteorologist? 

Edited by ThunderJay27
  • Concerned 1

3 hours ago, ThunderJay27 said:

I don't know. Tammie was good at her job, but I don't think she clicked with viewers here. "You're going to need the rain slickers today...", that's just one example. The other thing was getting the chief title from "Hurricane". I know that was a management decision, but I think that didn't sit well with viewers as well. These are just my opinions, I would love to hear yours.

They could easily move Brittney Shipp over from the morning tag team and call it a day. Too bad Kathy Orr isn’t available.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:45 AM, ThunderJay27 said:

I thought I was the only one. Something just didn't click when I watched her. Also, early in her time in Philly, I think I heard her refer to Center City as "Philly Metro". 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wow this is big, NBC 10 is partnering with the Entercom Radio cluster in Philly provide weather and share news and traffic.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/business/nbc10-telemundo62-announce-new-partnership-with-entercom-radio-stations/2292521/

Get prepared to hear First Alert Weather forecasts and Traffic reports on the Entercom stations, KYW NewsRadio stories on NBC 10.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

Wow this is big, NBC 10 is partnering with the Entercom Radio cluster in Philly provide weather and share news and traffic.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/business/nbc10-telemundo62-announce-new-partnership-with-entercom-radio-stations/2292521/

Get prepared to hear First Alert Weather forecasts and Traffic reports on the Entercom stations, KYW NewsRadio stories on NBC 10.

Looks good for the Philadelphia metro area..