NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

So I think it's safe to say they brought Lucy in to free Vai up to co-anchor the 11AM with Rosemary. It wouldn't shock me if they bring someone on eventually to co-anchor the weekend evenings with Denise as it seems to be their goal to have two anchors for every newscast now.

• Like 5

So I think it's safe to say they brought Lucy in to free Vai up to co-anchor the 11AM with Rosemary. It wouldn't shock me if they bring someone on eventually to co-anchor the weekend evenings with Denise as it seems to be their goal to have two anchors for every newscast now.

Do they really need a separate anchor team for just the 11am show? Couldn't they just have had Keith and Erin anchor it? It seems like they're playing around with the 4pm show too. Jackie has anchored with both Erin and Rosemary this week while Jim is clearly in the building as he was in the sat center at 5pm and anchored at 6pm and 11pm.

Do they really need a separate anchor team for just the 11am show? Couldn't they just have had Keith and Erin anchor it? It seems like they're playing around with the 4pm show too. Jackie has anchored with both Erin and Rosemary this week while Jim is clearly in the building as he was in the sat center at 5pm and anchored at 6pm and 11pm.

With Rosemary, she deserved to be promoted to a weekday newscast for some time now. I was hoping she or Denise would become Keith's co-anchor at 5 before they hired Erin. I'm not sure if she's been reporting in the 4-6 PM news block, but that was on my mind when Rosemary began anchoring the 11AM. I think the reason why Keith and Erin only anchor the 5 and not the 11AM newscasts is both contribute as reporters (I'm sure about Keith, but don't know about Erin) for the 11PM newscasts.

• Like 1

They actually haven't had a permanent anchor for the 11AM since Renee ummm..."left". Since then though they've really grown their talent pool and I think it's safe to say they now have the largest news team in the market. With that in mind, why wouldn't you want to have variety at the anchor desk every newscast?

• 2 weeks later...
With that in mind, why wouldn't you want to have variety at the anchor desk every newscast?

Money. Plain and simple.

If you are gonna go with variety why not go with a different pair for 6pm and 11pm too. Variety is great, but it doesn’t come cheap either.

Seems like they’ve settled on new weekday pairs:

Early Morning: Lucy & Tracy

Late Morning: Vai & Tracy

11am: Vai & Rosemary

4pm: Jackie & Erin

5pm: Keith & Erin

6pm/11pm: Jim & Jackie

Seems like they’ve switched some of Tammie and Glenn’s time slots too.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
WCAU is claiming #1 at 11PM in the demo for the November book - spots started running today.

Second time in a year and a half I believe. These are starting to not just be surprise one-off wins anymore.

Another promo claims wins in the morning and at 4PM as well. NBC has done a hell of a job investing in the station and it's paying off big time.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 7

I think what’s working is the Combination of the Anchor teams and the on air graphic/set appearance. Hands down ‘CAU has the best news set in town. The station looks and operates as a market #4 station. *Take note CBS*

When Jim Gardner retires I can see 10 overtaking 6 @ 11pm if they continue to play their cards right. Jim/Jacqueline are a good team.

I’m just interested; does anyone know where KYW came in the ratings?

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

NBC 10 won the demo at 4\5am tied FOX for 2nd at 6am and tied for 1st with FOX again from 7-9. 6ABC won demo at 6am. At 11pm they came in 2nd and 6abc was #1 with an impressive 2.0 so not sure why they are promoting they were number one.

They're promoting they won the demo M-F at 11. I assume what you're going off is the 11PM number for the entire week?

• 4 weeks later...

I’m not sure if this is related to the move but WCAU and WWSI (as they share channels) were off air from about 8 to 9:30 pm. According to the AP a receptionist said they were working on it. The disruption occurred during the series finale of Timeless.

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/more-news/227365/wcau-back-air-power-outage/

Couple months in now and the set got a mini refresh with the big colored light panels that adorned either side of the home base backdrop being replaced by stone pillars. To me, it's a much better look. The light panels were bare and didn't really add anything of substance to the video wall. The stone brings it out much more.vlcsnap-2018-12-21-16h32m10s403.thumb.png.530528d0cc14b5574190a05614fcd06d.png

vlcsnap-2018-12-21-16h56m09s874.png

Edited by WCAUTVNBC10
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...