NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

I don’t understand this move. Erin would anchor the 11am on most days. Why move Rosemary there? They could have used a rotation of Rosemary, Keith, Erin, Dray, and Denise.

Instead of this they should have hired a co-anchor for Denise.

I don’t understand this move. Erin would anchor the 11am on most days. Why move Rosemary there? They could have used a rotation of Rosemary, Keith, Erin, Dray, and Denise.

Instead of this they should have hired a co-anchor for Denise.

I do. The key is that she’s bilingual. That means she can report for both WCAU and WWSI. You beef up the reporting staff of both stations with a single hire.

It's about time Rosemary was promoted to weekdays. I would have been perfectly fine if she was paired with Keith at 5 when they were searching for a co-anchor a few years ago. At least if either Vai or Tracy is off, Rosemary can easily sub for them, instead of moving one of the morning reporters to the anchor chair. By the way, 10's morning reporter depth is deep... I think they have 4 that work the morning on a regular basis. With the way weekend evening newscasts are constructed now, it makes sense to just have Denise doing it.

With the way weekend evening newscasts are constructed now, it makes sense to just have Denise doing it.

I’d have to disagree with you there. 10 goes for an hour Sunday. 6 has co-anchors on Sunday night. 29 as well as other stations across the country have their A teams on Sunday-Thursday. Sister station WNBC in NYC has two anchors on weekend evenings.

• Like 2

I’d have to disagree with you there. 10 goes for an hour Sunday. 6 has co-anchors on Sunday night. 29 as well as other stations across the country have their A teams on Sunday-Thursday. Sister station WNBC in NYC has two anchors on weekend evenings.

Ultimately, I guess it depends on how stations prioritize their weekend newscasts now, compared to 15-20 years ago. 6 makes sense to have Walter and Sarah on Sundays, with 5PM (? not 100% sure), 6, 10 on PHL 17, and 11. 29 having Lucy and Ian on Sunday-Thursday makes more sense now, especially this fall with TNF on Fox. While writing this, I just remembered that Denise was paired with Chris Cato a few years ago and that pairing was great. It IS a good question why she has gone solo since Cato was moved to mornings.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any thoughts on the welcome America 4th of July coverage on NBC 10 for this year ?

I didn't watch the whole thing (made it in 20 mins or so before fireworks) and I was in the crowd at the museum watching, but I would say it was pretty good overall. Can't say too much as a two-time guest of Philly, but I was impressed nonetheless.

• 4 weeks later...
I wonder what the plan is here. It says she'll be anchoring on 10 from 4-5:30AM and then Telemundo's morning show. Is Tracy cutting back or are they going with 3 anchors for the first half of the show?

They just hired someone for the weekend AM show. They moved Rosemary to the 11am (every time I watch the 11am Erin is on). Seems like an anchor overload. Perhaps Lucy will be a “breaking news” anchor in the newsroom? Couldn’t Rosemary have done this? Or Katy?

• Like 1

Also mentioned in the Out & About section, Former WCAU Meteorologist Sheena Parveen is moving from DC to San Diego to work for KNSD.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/9/5/from-dc-to-socalhttps://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/9/5/from-dc-to-socal

She seems to be moving down the NBC DMA totem pole. First DMA #4, then #7, and now #28. She must still be in good standing at NBC to keep moving within the company but the downward trend is puzzling. Maybe she’s married to someone who moves or got a job as Chief Meteorologist or better hours.

Also, based on Keith Jones posts mentioning a couple of weeks for the move makes me think they’re waiting for the fall season. This major move is something that I would assume that they would promote for a while.

• Like 1

WRC is the top station in DC by a MILE. It's not a demotion.

Agreed. When your working for the #1 station in any market, its no demotion because people are watching you a lot anyways.

Honestly, for some mets...yes. That would be a step up. Especially if it were WWL. Literally anywhere else in NOLA...probably not. Guess it depends on what floats your boat--tornadoes and hurricanes vs. blizzards and extreme cold in the winter!

I also think that, for better or worse, a lot of viewers in Philly (and Tampa, where she was before, for that matter) focused on Sheena's...style, rather than substance. DC doesn't work like that. This is a chance to show off her forecasting skills and not be ogled on TV. Doug Kammerer, who I imagine also fit into that "style over substance" category in Philly, did the same move, and it's worked out just fine for him.

At this point, I don't care because Sheena is a great meteorologist. She'll do very well in DC at WRC.

There could be a million things as to why she'd leave a nice afternoon-evening shift in DMA 4 to move to DMA 7

It could be seen as a demotion but maybe WRC came to her and offered her a greater salary despite a different shift? Hopefully she won't be stuck doing stupid segments out in the field where they interviewing businesses or some sort before giving an awful general forcast because they don't have the maps.

Hey, you're not the one making the move; she is. She knew she was going to a station in a lower market for (possibly) a job in the mornings, but she chose it anyway. She got something new and took it. So what if it's a demotion? She's still getting work in a major city and is joining an already-established, highly-praised weather team. What's there not to accept? People move from high positions to lower ones all the time; Just like people moving to higher positions. it's not really something to sneeze at sometimes (at least to me). Just deal with it, and at least be happy for her.

Whaaaat?

Anyway, Comcast didn't move her out. She chose to leave for a job. They probably gave her the opportunity, but they did not push her out.

AGREED x10,000

Okay, let’s see you all spin Sheena’s latest move as a “promotion” like last time.

• Like 2

Seems ever since Rosemary was named 11am anchor, she’s off more than she’s on. Erin has anchored almost as many days as Rosemary. Is Rosemary still doing weekend mornings or has Stephania arrived? Also odd, Dray co-anchored with Rosemary on Monday and Tuesday.

Seems ever since Rosemary was named 11am anchor, she’s off more than she’s on. Erin has anchored almost as many days as Rosemary. Is Rosemary still doing weekend mornings or has Stephania arrived? Also odd, Dray co-anchored with Rosemary on Monday and Tuesday.

Stephania has been anchoring for a few weeks now. I think Rosemary hasn't done full time on the 11AM as of yet it that they've been having her fill in in the mornings as well and it's clear they don't want anyone anchoring all four of those hours of they can help it.

• Like 1

So this popped up on my Instagram timeline again. A journalist at WCAU saw this picture of a monkey on. One of the outside sources. Turns out it came from a switcher test video out of 30 Rock that was sent over satellite (and for some reason they received it and put it as a MW source).

[MEDIA=instagram]BNu-4KTjZoQ[/MEDIA]

• Like 2

• 1 month later...