NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

NBC 10 adds to the news & weather team.

[MEDIA=twitter]907629647709523968[/MEDIA]

I really think we're gonna hear about retirement soon for Glenn. With the addition of Steve Sosna, they will now have six meteorologists. You could make it seven if you count Violeta Yas, from Telemundo 62, who occasionally fills in on Channel 10

• Like 1

Erika Martiń is leaving NBC10. This past weekend was her last. That must be why they hired Steve Sosna

https://twitter.com/ErikaMartinWx/status/909630715440005120

She was great when she was a freelance meteorologist for 10 and when they hired her full-time. With Sheena and Erika gone and Glenn no longer having the chief meteorologist title, I don't know how I feel about 10's weather team. Hope they do well and continue to produce great meteorologists like they've done in the past.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone think that NBC 10 will let Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz go or will Glenn decide to retire?

I bet NBC hopes he just drifts off ..and becomes a tropical depression.....

But...what if ???

he gets bigger and Bigger and Bigger and Bigger and becomes Super Storm Glenn ???

Why is it so windy in Philly???

Cuz WCAU Sux!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Kinda odd isn't it to be interviewed by a rival television station?

I knew I wasn't crazy when I saw them promoting this in their morning newscast

A person on Facebook posted this answer:

"Erin & Lisa were on Preston & Steve yesterday. They asked why NBC 10 was doing a report on a 6 ABC person. NBC 10 has been doing many reports about drug addiction highlighting how everyone is effected by it. So Erin read Lisa's book and felt it was bigger and people needed to hear about it. Listen to P&S podcast from 11/14."

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder will glenn schwartz be leaving NBC 10 and give the spotlight of all of the evening newscasts to

Tammie Souza?

It currently is a possibility now that Tammie is Chief Meteorologist. If the management thought that it was time to reduce Glenn's working hours and he wanted it as well, I don't blame them. Besides the fact that Glenn was Chief Met for almost 15 years and a good 5-6 of those years, he was doing 4-6 PM Newscasts, 10 PM on WPHL, their 11 PM Newscast, and throw in a year or two of the 7 PM News on NBC 10's sub channel.

Plus, Bill Henley has been doing the weather for their morning news since the mid-90s. I can imagine it must have been an easy job for him back then with morning news being only 30 minutes to an hour at most. From there, it expanded to 2 by the early 2000s, and eventually 10 getting into the 4 AM start time. It must not always be easy doing a 3 hour newscast that starts at 4 AM, and sometimes be asked to sub in for the 11 AM news. That is why brining back Brittany Shipp makes sense. Plus, who knows, it might be another succession plan in the works as well.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know when they are going to move into the new Comcast Center building?

They did a story recently about the last construction beam being installed in the building. There was no reference at all to them moving into that building in the future. Don't you think they would have said, "Oh, by the way, NBC10 will be relocating to the new Comcast Center at such and such a date"?

• Like 1

They did a story recently about the last construction beam being installed in the building. There was no reference at all to them moving into that building in the future. Don't you think they would have said, "Oh, by the way, NBC10 will be relocating to the new Comcast Center at such and such a date"?

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/business/New-Comcast-Building-a-Gamechanger-for-NBC10-Telemundo-62-240860921.html