NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

NBC is occupying the 12th, 13th and 14th floors of the building. It's certainly feasible that WCAU could move in this fall. The permits to fit out those areas have been active for nearly a year and the lower floors have been enclosed and worked on for quite a while now.

• Like 1

NBC is occupying the 12th, 13th and 14th floors of the building. It's certainly feasible that WCAU could move in this fall. The permits to fit out those areas have been active for nearly a year and the lower floors have been enclosed and worked on for quite a while now.

When did they move? Initial PR for WCAU and WWSI was for three studios and occupying the 6-8 floors.

I don't know, but I am looking at two permits:

• July 14 2016: "Interior fitout of studio space on the 12th, 13th & 14th floor as per plans."
  • October 13 2016: "New construction: interior plumbing for the fit-out of tv & radio studios and offices, on the 12th, 13th, & 14th floors, the installation will comply with the philadelphia plumbing code, 2004.'

• Like 1

I don't know, but I am looking at two permits:

• July 14 2016: "Interior fitout of studio space on the 12th, 13th & 14th floor as per plans."
  • October 13 2016: "New construction: interior plumbing for the fit-out of tv & radio studios and offices, on the 12th, 13th, & 14th floors, the installation will comply with the philadelphia plumbing code, 2004.'

Got a link? I like reading that stuff especially if it has technical drawings.

NBC10 website has been updated as follows:

tammie-souza.jpg

Tammie Souza

NBC10 First Alert Weather Chief Meteorologist

Tammie Souza is the NBC10 First Alert Weather team's Chief Meteorologist.

Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz is a meteorologist for NBC10.

tammie-souza.jpg

Tammie Souza

Glenn must be retiring soon which is why there is a posting on the careers site.

It is funny when rumors of Sheena taking Glenn's job had everyone crazed - but now that Tammie has actually done it - nobody cares. Odd. Was it just something about Sheena? or am I missing something here?

apparently everyone liked sheena ;) and hell some doofus got famous by saying "i love your weather" to her on thanksgiving cause the kid was askin about her ( a reporter on scene was at a turkey giving and got sheena to call in when he went live)

hell let me find the tape, your welcome

• Like 2

It sounds like Glenn is just taking a step back so he can work less. If he suddenly retired (and it looked like he was pushed out) then they might run into problems.

If that is the case, and I hope it is, then why not have Tammie and Glenn announce it together - instead of this under the "radar" switch. Just seems odd, even for WCAU.

If that is the case, and I hope it is, then why not have Tammie and Glenn announce it together - instead of this under the "radar" switch. Just seems odd, even for WCAU.

As I mentioned above, my guess is (and I'm just speculating based on the job opening they have currently posted for a meteorologist) Glenn is retiring soon so they would just wait til that happens to have any real baton passing.

As I mentioned above, my guess is (and I'm just speculating based on the job opening they have currently posted for a meteorologist) Glenn is retiring soon so they would just wait til that happens to have any real baton passing.

I see there is an anchor/reporter job posted there since January. I wonder if they are hiring a weekend co-anchor for Denise or Rosemary.

As for the weather position, it seems logical that Tammie would shift from 5pm & 11pm once Glenn retires to 4pm, 6pm, and 11pm. The new guy (yes it should be a male to balance out the weather team) should get 11am & 5pm. Bill Henley's gotta be getting up there in age too.

It sounds like Glenn is just taking a step back so he can work less. If he suddenly retired (and it looked like he was pushed out) then they might run into problems.

I don't blame him for slowly lessening his workload. He's been with the station for at least 20 years, and chief meteorologist for at least 15. There was also a time too when Glenn worked the 4, 5, 6, 7 (on NBC Philadelphia Nonstop), 10 (on PHL 17), and 11. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I've seen promos for the 11PM newscast and the station is promoting Jim, Jackie, and Glenn & Tammie together. I guess it makes sense now with the change in the station website. If 10 is going low-key with this transition, then I don't blame them for doing so. Remember back in 2002 when Bolaris left and Glenn was elevated to Chief Met and how hyped that handoff was?

Uh oh... Dejavu (besides these technical errors which I saw live... I actually really liked their coverage of the fireworks and concert.)

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/philadelphia-station-gets-heats-for-fireworks-coverage/191933

[MEDIA=twitter]882431528856412160[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]882431252573323264[/MEDIA]

tammie-souza.jpg

Tammie Souza

Not surprised by this. The future and the new face for NBC 10 weather is here. I won't be shocked if Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz leaves the station soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...