NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

No it just seems like an odd thing to do - broadcast from a WaWa? I thought WCAU was going a more serious tone and then they do this. Just seems like something their sales department dreamed up.

Ever since the Comcast takeover in 2011-2012ish, WCAU's brand has been hard news. I don't feel like Tracy, Vai, and Jessica going live in Wawa takes anything away from the substance of the newscast. They still had Rosemary doing most of the morning newscast in the studio and checking in after news, weather, and traffic. The morning newscast has gone on location, DNC and the Inauguration, and they had someone in home base doing the rest of the newscast.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
and they have a full staff right

it's

Hurricane

Tammi

Bill Henley

and help me fill in the blanks?

11 AM, I meant. My bad. Sometimes they'll give the morning met the midday show off since they're at work before the anchors. It's either that or they're looking for someone to handle weekends.

Erika Martin handles the weekend evenings, unless she's leaving (which I doubt). It took a while to fill that weekend slot after Brittney Shipp left and went to Cali.

Who's handles the weekend mornings?

Krystal Klei. Hurricane Schwartz currently does the 11AM. Unless Glenn or Bill are retiring I doubt anyone else is leaving since they've all only been here for less than a year. Who knows.

Since nobody can read the fine print under the bug, that's a 25-54 demo win. I'd be curious to know the margin of victory.

Someone jog my memory--when Mendte/Chenault beat 6 that one other time in the 2000s at 11, was it in HHs or demo? Or both?

• Like 1

Since nobody can read the fine print under the bug, that's a 25-54 demo win. I'd be curious to know the margin of victory.

Someone jog my memory--when Mendte/Chenault beat 6 that one other time in the 2000s at 11, was it in HHs or demo? Or both?

From this news release from 2000, it was a 12.6-12.0 victory for WCAU.

IIRC, that was both demo and households.

Michael Murphy who was a backup pilot for SkyForce 10 died in a helicopter crash near New Castle Airport in Delaware on Thursday. The helicopter landed in a drainage ditch at Route 13 and Frenchtown Road short of the runway. The helicopter was a twin engine Eurocopter and Michael was conducting Approach Training after departing in from Atlantic City. Michael was the only person on board the medical helicopter operated by Metro Aviation. Metro Aviation was the operator of PennStar which supplied medical helicopter services for the University of Pennsylvania Medical System.

Michael Murphy was 37 years old. My condolences go out to his family, friends and colleagues.

• Like 4

Does anyone think that Tammie Souza might become chief meteorologist at NBC 10?

If she's still here when Glenn decides to retire, then I wouldn't be surprised. It may seem like the station is promoting Tammie pretty heavily, with her being in the middle of the group shot in the First Alert Weather promos. But I think that was just circumstantial, like when Sheena was still with the station and how they'd promote her in promos, events, etc. I had hoped that she would have succeeded Glenn when the time came. Nevertheless, Tammie's here now and I hope in time I grow to like her.

I really like Tammie's demeanor, style, and balance. Tammie definitely brings a calm nature, not rushed like some of the other ones on the team.

Not sure if it's just me, but I've noticed some of 10's Mets go overboard on numbers instead of delivering what's going on and they run out of time because of it.

As far as Chief, I can definitely see that once Hurricane retires, whenever that will be, and I think it'd be a good move.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Is the move in target for the Comcast tower still this fall? I saw a picture on one of their journalist's Instagram story and the tower still hasn't been topped out. I know in some places tenants move in and are open for business while the building isn't yet complete. But I can't imagine that occurring in a broadcast studio enviroment.

Or alternatively is the fall 2017 date the day the space is handed over to the stations and they start work installing everything?

Is the move in target for the Comcast tower still this fall? I saw a picture on one of their journalist's Instagram story and the tower still hasn't been topped out. I know in some places tenants move in and are open for business while the building isn't yet complete. But I can't imagine that occurring in a broadcast studio enviroment.

Or alternatively is the fall 2017 date the day the space is handed over to the stations and they start work installing everything?

Maybe, maybe not. It appears they're working on the floors they'll be occupying. I'm following the building construction closely and the most recent timeline I've seen is that an official topping off is scheduled for late this year (like November).

• Like 1

Maybe, maybe not. It appears they're working on the floors they'll be occupying. I'm following the building construction closely and the most recent timeline I've seen is that an official topping off is scheduled for late this year (like November).

Yikes! Forget about moving in some time in the fall. At this point, WCAU would be lucky to move into their new home in time for the 2018 Winter Olympics.

• Like 2

Yikes! Forget about moving in some time in the fall. At this point, WCAU would be lucky to move into their new home in time for the 2018 Winter Olympics.

Maybe the wiring was already done and like I mentioned that work could already have started.