NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

I think WCAU must be a pet friendly workplace. I've seen one of the morning meteorologists bring her dog in frequently who roams the studio throughout the show and Keith Jones brings his pup in frequently as well.

[MEDIA=instagram]BH5_Nf7DRUS[/MEDIA]

Unfortunately they were tossing a Hillary Clinton doll, would have preferred if it were a Trump one.

[MEDIA=instagram]BI3T9-lDE36[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=instagram]BItagHtjUlz[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=instagram]BHOBSzoj-WT[/MEDIA]

• 4 weeks later...
Looks like she's been hired full time to do weekend weather.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/erika-martin-joins-philadelphia-station/178727

Not surprised since she's been doing weekend weather for them for several months now. I also liked Violeta Yas when she filled in but she is Telemundo 62's meteorologist. Finally, a fully staffed weather team going into this winter season. Plus, Bill Henley can take some time off where all the meteorologists' shift changes (i.e. earlier this year with Bill on vacation, Sheena was filling in on mornings and Glenn got sick for a few days so Doug Kammerer from WRC and Dave Price from WNBC had to pinch-hit for Glenn.)

Wow, what a shock.

She was a very valuable member of the WCAU on-air team, and a very talented meteorologist. I'll miss her a lot in PhIlly, but she'll be just as valuable to WRC's team in DC. Salutations to Sheena for the great work she's done here and good luck to her on the great work she'll do there in the years to come.

• Like 1

FTVLIve first reported it weeks ago. And its too bad for WCAU because Sheena was one of the good, valuable meteorologists of the team. And I like Sheena myself. Wherever she goes, she'll do great.

• Like 3

Wow! I'm really sad to hear that she's leaving.... Her and Glenn have established a good 1-2 punch when it comes to covering weather. Over these last five years, she's been one of the most prominent personalities of the station. Sheena was a fresh, new face when she came in 2011, at a time when 10 needed to infuse new talent. Best of luck to her in DC! I know she's going to be awesome there, and who knows, her and the chief meteorologist in DC, Doug Kammerer, might develop the same weather combo that she had with Glenn.

As for the First Alert Weather team, it looks like it's going to be in flux once again. Only about two weeks ago we thought it might have been settled with the permanent addition of Erika Martin, then this happens... I certainly hope 10 does not return to how it was before Sheena came where Glenn did the 4, 5, 6, (there was a 7 and 10 PM newscasts then) and 11.

Since this is a sad news we just got, I should end my post with this:

going to mornings in washington

Where did you see she's going to mornings? What happens to Chuck Bell?

If this is the case, seems like a demotion. Not only are you downgrading markets, but you're also downgrading time slots.

If this is the case, seems like a demotion. Not only are you downgrading markets, but you're also downgrading time slots.

Per http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Meteorologist-Sheena-Parveen-Will-Soon-Join-StormTeam-4-396016591.html:

"Sheena will join fellow StormTeam 4 Meteorologist Chuck Bell and the rest of the NBC4 morning team, delivering in-depth coverage and the flexibility to forecast and report on the weather from the studio, the field, the Storm Team 4x4 and StormRanger 4, and from Chopper 4."

Per http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Meteorologist-Sheena-Parveen-Will-Soon-Join-StormTeam-4-396016591.html:

"Sheena will join fellow StormTeam 4 Meteorologist Chuck Bell and the rest of the NBC4 morning team, delivering in-depth coverage and the flexibility to forecast and report on the weather from the studio, the field, the Storm Team 4x4 and StormRanger 4, and from Chopper 4."

the way they are wording it is are they going double barrel?

• Like 1

Wow! Didn't see this coming at all. WRC will have 2 great, talented, and young meteorologists. (They're building a nice team down there.)

I know there's still 2 months to look at options, but what does 10 do now? Look at TWC and bring in someone from there? Look to familiar faces such as Amy Freeze to lure back to town? Or other options?

This is surprising. Since she is staying in the NBC family, it appears she is being moved, and isn't leaving Philly for another job, but I don't understand why. Despite Glenn being chief meteorologist, 10 has made Sheena the face of 10's weather, so it doesn't make sense for comcast to move her out of their home market for a smaller one.

• Like 2

WRC is the top station in DC by a MILE. It's not a demotion.

Agreed. When your working for the #1 station in any market, its no demotion because people are watching you a lot anyways.

Okay, so by this reasoning, if I am the 5pm/11pm meteorologist at WNBC (#2 station in DMA 1 New York) and I take a job as morning meteorologist at WWL (#1 station in DMA 51 New Orleans), that's not a demotion. Get real!!! If it looks like a demotion and smells like a demotion .... it's a demotion!

Sheena:

Move from DMA 4 to DMA 7

+

Move from evenings to mornings

=

Demotion

If she went up in one area and down in another then it would be a lateral move, but that didn't happen.

• Like 1

Okay, so by this reasoning, if I am the 5pm/11pm meteorologist at WNBC (#2 station in DMA 1 New York) and I take a job as morning meteorologist at WWL (#1 station in DMA 51 New Orleans), that's not a demotion. Get real!!! If it looks like a demotion and smells like a demotion .... it's a demotion!

Honestly, for some mets...yes. That would be a step up. Especially if it were WWL. Literally anywhere else in NOLA...probably not. Guess it depends on what floats your boat--tornadoes and hurricanes vs. blizzards and extreme cold in the winter!

I also think that, for better or worse, a lot of viewers in Philly (and Tampa, where she was before, for that matter) focused on Sheena's...style, rather than substance. DC doesn't work like that. This is a chance to show off her forecasting skills and not be ogled on TV. Doug Kammerer, who I imagine also fit into that "style over substance" category in Philly, did the same move, and it's worked out just fine for him.

• Like 2

Sheena:

Move from DMA 4 to DMA 7

+

=

Demotion

If she went up in one area and down in another then it would be a lateral move, but that didn't happen.

At this point, I don't care because Sheena is a great meteorologist. She'll do very well in DC at WRC.

At this point, I don't care because Sheena is a great meteorologist. She'll do very well in DC at WRC.

There could be a million things as to why she'd leave a nice afternoon-evening shift in DMA 4 to move to DMA 7

It could be seen as a demotion but maybe WRC came to her and offered her a greater salary despite a different shift? Hopefully she won't be stuck doing stupid segments out in the field where they interviewing businesses or some sort before giving an awful general forcast because they don't have the maps.

• Like 2

Sheena:

Move from DMA 4 to DMA 7

+

=

Demotion

Hey, you're not the one making the move; she is. She knew she was going to a station in a lower market for (possibly) a job in the mornings, but she chose it anyway. She got something new and took it. So what if it's a demotion? She's still getting work in a major city and is joining an already-established, highly-praised weather team. What's there not to accept? People move from high positions to lower ones all the time; Just like people moving to higher positions. it's not really something to sneeze at sometimes (at least to me). Just deal with it, and at least be happy for her.

This is surprising. Since she is staying in the NBC family, it appears she is being moved, and isn't leaving Philly for another job, but I don't understand why. Despite Glenn being chief meteorologist, 10 has made Sheena the face of 10's weather, so it doesn't make sense for comcast to move her out of their home market for a smaller one.

Whaaaat?

Anyway, Comcast didn't move her out. She chose to leave for a job. They probably gave her the opportunity, but they did not push her out.

Agreed. When you're working for the #1 station in any market, its no demotion because people are watching you a lot anyways.

AGREED x10,000

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...