NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

NBC10 is finnaly switching up the camera that feeds the background video in the studio. Its obviously very crisp like the camden camera but only works well during the day, i wonder if they will switch back after the DNC.

20160722_113656.thumb.jpg.f761c62919a8b3fb32a1a4d5080f572f.jpg

20160722_113800.thumb.jpg.d4ee58153ef1511e8f615e6383c343fc.jpg

20160722_114020.thumb.jpg.415f099065b7ccc37acfe8dacdad2df0.jpg

• Like 5

NBC10 is finnaly switching up the camera that feeds the background video in the studio. Its obviously very crisp like the camden camera but only works well during the day, i wonder if they will switch back after the DNC.

[ATTACH=full]3099[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]3098[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]3100[/ATTACH]

The City Hall shot would look good during the daytime newscasts (11 AM, 4 and 5) and the Philly skyline for the 6 and 11 PM. At least it gives them a way of differentiating between newscasts.

Looks like WCAU and WWSI are now simulcasting their primary signals. WCAU is broadcasting a 720p feed of Telemundo 62 on VC 62.3 (34.5) and WWSI is broadcasting a 720p feed of NBC 10 on VC 10.3 (49.5). This is a similar setup that's done in the Bay Area between KNTV and KSTS so that their signal broadcasts to a larger area.

This seems to be beneficial to NBC antenna viewers who lost coverage when WMGM lost their affiliation as they now have access to a free HD signal.

• Like 1

Bizzare thing just happend, NBC10 news at 11pm started 3 minutes early after a phillies game went long, 57 minutes long to be exact. Instead of just keeping the sports broadcast up to 11 or going to break, Tom Mccarthy said, NBC10News starts right now. You could tell the tech engineer wasnt used to this as half the intro got cut off. It didnt appear they moved the entire show up though as George Spencer threw immediately to weather than for a minute talked about the NBC Universal charity thing before saying NBC10 news at 11 starts now as he previewed the upcoming news storys which were followed by another intro, not to mention that the first 3 minutes included no timr or tempature.

Bizzare thing just happend, NBC10 news at 11pm started 3 minutes early after a phillies game went long, 57 minutes long to be exact. Instead of just keeping the sports broadcast up to 11 or going to break, Tom Mccarthy said, NBC10News starts right now. You could tell the tech engineer wasnt used to this as half the intro got cut off. It didnt appear they moved the entire show up though as George Spencer threw immediately to weather than for a minute talked about the NBC Universal charity thing before saying NBC10 news at 11 starts now as he previewed the upcoming news storys which were followed by another intro, not to mention that the first 3 minutes included no timr or tempature.

Yeah I saw that, it made no sense to me. Why didn't they just put in ads?

• Like 1

Actually it would have made more sense to have the baseball telecast fill the extra 3 mins. They could have easily run highlights or just vamped for 3 mins.

Isn't the Phillies game telecast on CSN Philly even on nights that NBC10 airs the game? Because if that's the case, then I would imagine CSN not caring all that much if it's 3 minutes before 11 and the 11PM news over at NBC 10 would be starting soon. It's not as though CSN is also airing the newscast.

I admit that the way the graphics and transition was handled, was poorly done. However, for me, I'd rather have them transition to something substantive, like news, or extend the post-game highlights and comments for another three minutes. I know if I was a viewer, I would have probably switched the channel to somewhere else if commercials were to run in those three minutes.

• Like 4

Isn't the Phillies game telecast on CSN Philly even on nights that NBC10 airs the game? Because if that's the case, then I would imagine CSN not caring all that much if it's 3 minutes before 11 and the 11PM news over at NBC 10 would be starting soon. It's not as though CSN is also airing the newscast.

I admit that the way the graphics and transition was handled, was poorly done. However, for me, I'd rather have them transition to something substantive, like news, or extend the post-game highlights and comments for another three minutes. I know if I was a viewer, I would have probably switched the channel to somewhere else if commercials were to run in those three minutes.

Nah, they're produced by CSN and broadcast on NBC10, no simulcast so holding back ending the telecast till 11 wouldn't have held up anything CSN was doing (which would have been broadcasting Phillies Post Game Live).

Phillies games are never simulcast within the market. If the game is on NBC10, CSN will have other programming, but still feature Pre Game Live and Post Game Live.

Since the timing of the game can vary, the normal procedure is to have the next studio on standby. Normally, this is CSN (or TCN) waiting to go with Post Game Live. In this situation, it was likely easier for NBC10 to fill to the top of the hour with news rather than quickly add/delete commercial time to fit the slot. It's rare to have the game broadcast crew fill to the top or bottom of the hour for programming purposes.

Why? There are a few reasons. Suddenly putting together highlights to fill three minutes is not something they're going to want to do. If it's the last game in a series, and they are on a road trip, the goal is to close out the signal, pack the truck and get out of there. Also, if the game runs long and the satellite window is approaching its closing, they likely would not want to extend just to fill out NBC10's airtime. (This is unlikely, but possible.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight's Eagles/Bucs game is on Comcast Sportsnet cable and COZI-TV OTA sub-channel. I realize NBC10 has to show the Olympics, but I wonder what the Eagles fans that don't have cable and don't know where to find COZI-TV are doing tonight. It's only a pre-season game, but I'd think that some might be upset about not being able to watch it or find it easily.

They were also using the bottom social media/ticker area to promote where the game was airing during last night's news. When something moves to Cozi, they make it absolutely clear that it's over the air on 10.2.

[ATTACH=full]3247[/ATTACH] NBC10 now has a Rotating logo and Today Show bug for morning updates.

The rotating graphics could really be useful with the First Alert Weather's 7 day forecast at the bottom of the screen. Ever since the new graphics were released, I've noticed in numerous occasions that the NBC10 logo with the time and temperature remains on screen during weather segments and is on top of the "First Alert Weather" logo.