NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

The next thing that NBC10 will take from WPVI is the Most Watched News title.

That's an inevitability as WPVI's viewership literally dies off.

Good luck with these. WPVI isn't going to lose its crown for a very long time.

• Like 5

WCAU snaked the Welcome America festivities from WPVI:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Comcast-NBCUniversal-becomes-media-partner-in-Wawa-Welcome-America-festival-376752211.html

They now corner the market on the city's fireworks shows. WWSI will cover the events en español.

Aww man, that was my childhood. But I'm happy to still have something to watch on the 4th.

The next thing that NBC10 will take from WPVI is the Most Watched News title.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it at all.

As much as I love Action News, WCAU has definitely improved in the past several years in all parts of its news input, and I really like what's being shown.

If anything, I'd help them brag across the Internet that they're number 1 If I wanted if/when this happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like no one has posted it here yet... but 10 has quietly and recently launched "NBC 10 Responds". They apparently handle consumer complaints and it's an arm of the NBC 10 Investigators, headed by Hairston.

• Like 1

They made a big thing about it a couple Fridays ago. It's a regular segment at the bottom of the hour during the 4PM. It's good to see that they've gotten back into the consumer news game as they seemed to had gotten away from it when Tracy moved to mornings.

Looks like no one has posted it here yet... but 10 has quietly and recently launched "NBC 10 Responds". They apparently handle consumer complaints and it's an arm of the NBC 10 Investigators, headed by Hairston.

That's identical to WNBC's "Better Get Baquero."

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Well, that more or less confirms a new graphics package for the O&O's. Now I wonder if they will all roll it out at the same time.

It's currently in testing at WCAU. Lower thirds will make use of the full width of the screen. Looks like a nice package.

It's currently in testing at WCAU. Lower thirds will make use of the full width of the screen. Looks like a nice package.

Would you say this is brand new package or a refresh of the current look along the lines of what is being used in LA & Chicago?

• Like 1

TVSpy's reporting that WCAU has hired a new weekend meteoroligist, Krystal Klei.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wcau-adds-weekend-morning-meteorologist/172078

It's about time they hired a weekend meteorologist. Normally when Bill is off or on vacation, they would have Sheena move up to mornings and Glenn handling all the afternoon/evening newscasts. That became a problem earlier in the spring when Bill was on vacation, Sheena was filling in the mornings, and Glenn was out sick. They had Doug Kamereer from WRC in Washington and Dave Price from WNBC in New York fill in for a few days. At least now, Bill has a primary sub where they won't have to bother Sheena.

It is interesting though that Krystal is the weekend morning meteorologist. Maybe they're okay with Violeta Yas handling weekend evenings since she has filled in that role ever since Brittany Shipp left. Also, it can be because weekend mornings was vacated before weekend evenings.

It's about time they hired a weekend meteorologist. Normally when Bill is off or on vacation, they would have Sheena move up to mornings and Glenn handling all the afternoon/evening newscasts. That became a problem earlier in the spring when Bill was on vacation, Sheena was filling in the mornings, and Glenn was out sick. They had Doug Kamereer from WRC in Washington and Dave Price from WNBC in New York fill in for a few days. At least now, Bill has a primary sub where they won't have to bother Sheena.

It is interesting though that Krystal is the weekend morning meteorologist. Maybe they're okay with Violeta Yas handling weekend evenings since she has filled in that role ever since Brittany Shipp left. Also, it can be because weekend mornings was vacated before weekend evenings.

Sheena's actually filling in for Bill so far this week.

I think Violeta usually only does Saturday evenings and Glenn handles Sunday evenings and then takes a weekday off (on which Sheena handles his evening duties and Bill does the 11am). Seems like Karen and Michelle had been filling the weekend morning until now.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not a regular NBC10 viewer - it's not that I do not like their news product - they just aren't one of my "go to" stations. That being said - KUDOS to all NBC10 reporters and especially Jim Rosenfield for their live coverage of Congressman Fattah's conviction this afternoon. Understanding the delicate line the station has had to walk because of their former anchor's connection to the story makes their professionalism stand out even more. Congrats on providing good, solid journalism especially in a market where another station can't even find the story if they "eyewitness" it themselves.

• Like 1

Chaka Fattah will resign from congress the day before his sentencing on october 3

On Oct 4th Fattah will change is name to "Cupcake" and announce his pending prison nuptials with his new cellie, named "Bubba".

Registry is at the prison canteen.

• Like 1