NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

WCAU got a new toy today. Introducing News Force 10.

[MEDIA=instagram]BAsM-DagA1J[/MEDIA]

So far it appears WVIT, KNBC and WCAU have gotten these Jeeps. This one however does not look like it has the marine radar.

• Like 1

What does it do?

I'm not quite sure yet as I just saw a photo. From the looks of it has an external antenna for LiveU (or whatever bonded unit they use), a receive antenna for TV and an uplink dish.

Other NBC stations seem to have gotten the Wranglers for weather use with built in marine radar and weather stations but this one just looks like it's for news.

[MEDIA=instagram]BAsHgAYLlxc[/MEDIA]

Here are a few more pictures of NewsForce 10 getting wrapped and the final product:

[MEDIA=instagram]BAiABdAE9oR[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=instagram]BAhfAt2k9q1[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=instagram]BAstbwFBrQd[/MEDIA]

Here's Ice Force 10 getting wrapped:

[MEDIA=instagram]_9b17-k9ix[/MEDIA]

Here are a few more pictures of NewsForce 10 getting wrapped and the final product:

Here's Ice Force 10 getting wrapped:

[MEDIA=instagram]_9b17-k9ix[/MEDIA]

And here we have the CH-10 female anchors getting sauced on their342223023_anchorscar.jpg.8e3bc7f122e6da43be622e1b4958117b.jpg new whips.

• Like 1

Noticed some key personalities have had off for a day or two this week. I wonder if it's an "early" weekend in anticipation of having to work all day Saturday (as in wall-to-wall coverage).

Most likely. They gave both Bill Henley and Glenn Schwartz off yesterday. You figure Saturday is going to be an all hands on deck sort of day.

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm not mistaken, it has almost been a year since Renee was placed on leave. It is a shame that this is how her time at the station ended. She was there from the switch from CBS to NBC, the competitive rise of 10's news department with her and Mendte, to the GE cutbacks and 10 forced into standardization.

Starting last week, I started to notice Jim and Jacqueline at 4, 6, and 11 (which had been the case for a while), and Keith with either Denise or Rosemary at 5.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, it has almost been a year since Renee was placed on leave. It is a shame that this is how her time at the station ended. She was there from the switch from CBS to NBC, the competitive rise of 10's news department with her and Mendte, to the GE cutbacks and 10 forced into standardization.

Starting last week, I started to notice Jim and Jacqueline at 4, 6, and 11 (which had been the case for a while), and Keith with either Denise or Rosemary at 5.

More then likely they'll move Jacqueline off the 5 pm and have her permanent at 4, 6 & 11. Denise or Rosemary or an outsider will replace Jacqueline at 5.

Seven months she's been on leave.

The Jim and Jackie pairing at 4/6/11 and Keith and Denise/Rosemary/solo at 5 has been going on for months.

Honestly, I'd like to see them give Tracy a chance on the 5pm. It'd be nice to have a familiar face in the evening again, and I enjoyed when she was paired with Keith in the mornings.

• Like 1