NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

This seem like a dumb move in my opinion. I wouldn't leave a DMA 4 to go to a DMA 14???? (correct me if I'm wrong with Tampa's market number). I just thought he would stay longer than the average contract of 3 years.
He seems nice on Periscope but maybe he just wasn't working as well as they expected.

Keep in mind he's going from hosting 4-6AM in DMA 4 to hosting the evening news in DMA 11. I've seen jumps like this in the past.

• Like 3

He seems nice on Periscope but maybe he just wasn't working as well as they expected.

Keep in mind he's going from hosting 4-6AM in DMA 4 to hosting the evening news in DMA 11. I've seen jumps like this in the past.

You maybe right. And I didn't know Tampa moved up that much wow.

Is it really an exclusive interview when your step mother, who is on leave after being mentioned in a federal indictment of her husband, works at the TV station? WCAU billed an interview with Chaka Fattah Jr an exclusive hours after he was found guilty of 22 out of 23 federal counts of tax and bank fraud.

• Like 1

A little odd. Jim and Jaqueline anchored the 4pm together, but Keith is anchoring solo at 5pm.

Minor Update: Jacqueline is co-anchoring at 6pm with Jim.

Could this mean a new hire or some shuffling is coming, especially with Chris leaving?

Rosemary has been anchoring with Keith all week. Dunno what's up.

This seem like a dumb move in my opinion. I wouldn't leave a DMA 4 to go to a DMA 14???? (correct me if I'm wrong with Tampa's market number). I just thought he would stay longer than the average contract of 3 years.

Maybe he's following the Bob Hite path who was an anchor on actions news (

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUUzyTtNaVY), choose to leave for Tampa, and went on to be sorta of the Jim Gardner of Tampa

• Like 4

Chris is going to a location closer to his home, in a decent sized market (DMA #11) to anchor the "flagship" 11 PM newscast and to be a "face" of the station. So it's not a complete downgrade.

FYI his last day is November 20.

[MEDIA=twitter]662428077348265984[/MEDIA]

Like NateinFLA said:

This isn't a bad move, he's moving down 7 markets to a better shift...it's pretty much a lateral move.

Is it really an exclusive interview when your step mother, who is on leave after being mentioned in a federal indictment of her husband, works at the TV station? WCAU billed an interview with Chaka Fattah Jr an exclusive hours after he was found guilty of 22 out of 23 federal counts of tax and bank fraud.

She put the kid up as a sacrifice in an effort to keep her job. Does this entire family not have lawyers???

Ever since the indictments on her hubby and the step sons troubles ,she has been making statements to the media. So far she is skating...but keep yer mouth shut lady before you become a "named co-conspirator".

She put the kid up as a sacrifice in an effort to keep her job. Does this entire family not have lawyers???

Ever since the indictments on her hubby and the step sons troubles ,she has been making statements to the media. So far she is skating...but keep yer mouth shut lady before you become a "named co-conspirator".

I don't see her coming back from this especially with some of the allegations. In my opinion being named or even alluded in a criminal indictment in a negative light is worst than making yourself look good (like Brian Williams).

I also got my little Periscope trivia prize today in the mail. It's a pair of ear buds and a carrying case key chain. Sure it's not a coffee cup or a NBC 10 / T62 throw blanket but it's something I'll use. The ear buds probably never will be used but I'll throw my better pair in.

[MEDIA=instagram]9wgxTEyMsv[/MEDIA]

I don't see her coming back from this especially with some of the allegations. In my opinion being named or even alluded in a criminal indictment in a negative light is worst than making yourself look good (like Brian Williams).

I also got my little Periscope trivia prize today in the mail. It's a pair of ear buds and a carrying case key chain. Sure it's not a coffee cup or a NBC 10 / T62 throw blanket but it's something I'll use. The ear buds probably never will be used but I'll throw my better pair in.

[MEDIA=instagram]9wgxTEyMsv[/MEDIA]

It's like NBC has been hit with scandals recently. First Brian Williams, and now that.

The fact that he represented himself is what struck me as odd. I'm sure some money-hungry, fame-seeking lawyer will come along and sell his/her services to him and file an appeal ( you can assume what the arguments/defense will be...)...

Does anyone think NBC 10 is really worried about Renee's involvement in this whole ordeal? Sure, it doesn't look good for the station, but at the same time they placed her on leave almost immediately. Not to mention, should she resign or ends up being charged ( which would give them grounds to fire her), they will save quite a bit of $$$.

• 1 month later...

Have Vai and Tracy both been anchoring the entire 4AM-7AM block now that Chris is gone?

Also, it's been over a month now that Jackie has been doing the 4pm and 6pm (in addition to the 11pm) with Jim. I wonder if this means if Renee comes back that she'll be put on the 5pm. How long will they stay this course of putting her on leave?

From what I've watched, Tracy would do the first hour solo and Vai joins her at 5. On days that Tracy has been off (like last week), they had Lauren Mayk substituting.

At this point, is it even worth bringing Renee back? Because what's becoming clear for most of the year is how Denise and Rosemary are competent anchors, paired with Jim and Keith. Also, I noticed lately the rapport Jim and Jacqueline have at 11 is brought over to the 4PM news. It's refreshing and hope strengthens the 4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Brittney Shipp headed to San Fran....

(via Sheena's IG & Twitter)

[MEDIA=instagram]BATVjisryaQ[/MEDIA]

I'm gonna miss this girl in the middle!! @brittneyshipp is leaving us for San Fran We had… https://t.co/ckQcKNXir2

Apparently she's headed to KRON to be the weeknight meteorologist there, plus she'll be closer to home: http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/kron-hires-meteorologist-from-philadelphia/161599