NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

Thanks to the poster wcautvnbc10 for giving me the link to that article. First, let me say that I also saw on twitter that nbc10 striking workers were telling people passing by to switch over to 6abc news. lol. Also, what I can't figure out is when they talk about management, and comcast, are the workers mad at anzio williams, and ric harris, or are they mad at people above them? Anyone know the chain of command as far as that goes? It's anzio, the news director, ric harris is the president of wcau, but who is above them? just trying to understand the whole situation. #countonit -- I just had to put that there. lol.

Anzio reports to Ric and Ric is the general manager of the station. Anything that goes on at the station essentially goes through him. He reports to Valarie Staab who runs the O&O division of the network. I would think Ric has to run something as big as a new union contract by her though.

Also why would union workers tell people to watch WPVI which isn't a union shop at all? Stupid if you ask me.

Anzio reports to Ric and Ric is the general manager of the station. Anything that goes on at the station essentially goes through him. He reports to Valarie Staab who runs the O&O division of the network. I would think Ric has to run something as big as a new union contract by her though.

Also why would union workers tell people to watch WPVI which isn't a union shop at all? Stupid if you ask me.

One article mentioned that when Comcast came in a new team of negotiators came in from NY. Based on that I'd imagine that it's above the local level.

Today the union is saying that two of their members were hit by NBC10 cars late last week in seperate incidents and that they were looking to press charges. NBC 10 was unaware of any of any accidents but were looking into it. I don't want to blame the victims but I find it a bit suspicious - if one person was hit by a car wouldn't both sides try to be extra careful? You know try not blocking a driveway.

I'm all in favor of unions and believe in what they stand for however some tactics turn me off.[/url] Also I wonder what it feels like when they go back to work after spending time publicly shaming your employer.

Guest Newshound

Guys, has anyone watched nbc10 news so far today? How do you think they are doing? some observations-- Tim Furlong was in studio today filing a report, Harry Hairston was in the digital operations center, which is usually very noisy, but I guess not now since the strike happened. Not a lot of outside live shots, but a lot of taped packages. anyone have any other observations?

Guest Newshound

So there is breaking news, an incident in philly. Rather then being at the sceen, nbc10's Lauren Mayk just did a live shot from the d o c. Crazy. Normally, they would be out there with a full taped package and everything.

Guest Newshound

Someone posted earlier on here that the wcau control room has a skeleton staff, because of the strike. Any idea the number of people they have on staff in the control room that are filling in for the striking workers? Just curious.

Guys, please answer this question for me if you can. While 10's striking workers are out, does management still try to work out a deal with them, or how does that work?

Dude, you don't have to post your questions 50 million times! You're starting to sound like a little whining kid (which I have no doubt you are). You lied to everyone about who you really were (although there was no doubt in most of our minds). Then you private message people asking why no one wants to answer your questions or talk to you. Don't you have some school work to do? Or better yet, shouldn't you be in school right now? Stop being annoying! What do you say, can we #CountOnIt ???

Guest Newshound

Yes, you can #countonit. For the record, I am not a kid. I am an adult. Just look at my profile. It has my birthday and everything. I just get really curious about things like the nbc10 strike, that's why I ask questions like I do. Sorry if I am annoying any of you. yo

Yes, you can #countonit. For the record, I am not a kid. I am an adult. Just look at my profile. It has my birthday and everything. I just get really curious about things like the nbc10 strike, that's why I ask questions like I do. Sorry if I am annoying any of you. yo

I love kids (though, I know you're an adult from looking at your profile) and no you're not annoying, and I understand your curiosity about the NBC 10 strike. I was wondering if they were still on strike or not myself.

I love kids (though, I know you're an adult from looking at your profile) and no you're not annoying, and I understand your curiosity about the NBC 10 strike. I was wondering if they were still on strike or not myself.

I think there's an EXTREME likelihood that somebody would mention if it ended. Also, while asking questions is one thing, repeatedly posing the same question(s) to the same individual(s) every few hours is where some might begin to be annoyed.

• Like 2

Guest Newshound

Got it, and I will be mindful in the future of the questions I post. Anyway, a little while ago, I actually did see on twitter earlier today that septa drivers were honking their horns, in support of the nbc10 striking workers. So, yes, as of now, it is still going on.

I love kids as well. I never said anything about hating them. I'm not sure how you know Newshound is an adult from looking at his profile, other than the fact it says he's 55 (which could be made up!!!). His track record on telling the truth (he supposedly worked at NBC10) isn't exactly stellar. And asking the same questions over and over IS ANNOYING. Don't even get me started on your posts.

• Like 2

Also, Who would make up their age? That's just crazy. Now, lets move on and get back on topic.

You know what's crazier, someone making up where they work. Why would someone make that up? It's crazy to say Tracy and Vai are disgruntled employees. It's crazy to say that Rosemary is more liked than Denise. You stated these things implying they were factual. Making stuff up about people is CRAZY. So don't act all surprised that I don't believe you're 55.

• Like 1

I admitted I am just an outsider, and I was just joking around before. Also, Who would make up their age? That's just crazy.

First off, I don't see how pretending like you work for WCAU is funny or a joke. To me, that's just immature and it wasn't a joke, it was you caught up in a lie. Second, you admitted that after you got bombarded by people who already knew you were lying. If you lied about that, I would not put it against you to be lying about your age. That said, I don't care whether you are a kid or an adult what bothers me is your constant nagging. Please tone it down.

• Like 1

Guest Newshound

the things I posted specifically about everyone at wcau are things I've actually heard from other people that are credible. anyway, let's get back to the topic, which is nbc10 news, i am not the topic.

Guest Newshound

First off, I want to apologize to the tvnt community for my craziness and immaturity. I was stupid, and I should not have acted the way I have. I especially apologize to tvnewslover and behindnynews. Thank you both for the good feedback. My stupidity will not surface again.

Moving on, as for rkolsen's previous point, I agree. I checked erlier, and #familiesfirstatnbc10 is getting a ton of retweets on twitter.

I didn't watch any of their newscasts this afternoon but an employee on strike posted this: [MEDIA=twitter]648974881762078722[/MEDIA]

I understand they're using freelancers that may not know how to use an ENG truck but surely they should be able to figure out how to use a Dejero or LiveU.