NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

You're telling me that your news director, in a market #4 newsroom, has to approve of all stringer tape purchases? That's either one really inefficient newsroom with a power tripping news director, or something else doesn't add up here. And you're telling me that an assignment editor of 30 years can't explain the process for booking satellite time? Or that an assignment editor of 30 years thinks that anchors having egos is a "scoop?" Some people here actually do work in newsrooms and can see through this.

• Like 1

Feel free to chime in about my posts, guys regarding nbc10. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Where's hulkie d when we need him? lol. I look up to you hulkie d, you're my idol and hero, wherever you are.

What are the ratings in Philadelphia news? Is it like 6abc,then nbc then fox then cbs?

Looking at the latest ratings book, 6abc is number 1, but nbc10 is coming in second. overall, 10's viewership is up. Ric harris has a plan to get us to number 1, that's what he said when he first arrived and the entire newsroom was called in to a staff meeting. So, the ratings are like this, 6 is number 1, 10 number 2, kyw number 3, and wtxf is dead last.

Why is fox always ending up in last place?

It's ok newshound. Nobody hates you, just nobody believes you work at 10. Instead of spending so much time trying to prove you do, you should just forget it and share your perspective as fan of local news, instead of an insider.

There's no way the anchors on the Pariscope stream knew what this question meant.
I was talking to a producer who was in their ingest room who asked the technician how many they could handle.

But I asked how long does it take for the signal to go through Encompass in Atlanta and back? And the anchor answered they were not hubbed even though the monitor listed the different Encompass feeds they were getting (one for OTA and another for Comcast).

Guest Newshound

From now on, I'll just post as an outsider from nbc10. Sorry for the problems. Chime in guys. Did you see chris cato co-anchoring tonight? Rosemary connors was with him at 4, and jackie was with him at 5. Keith jones was out, or something, and so was Jim Rosenfield. I think it's interesting that 10 didn't just have jackie and rosemary co-anchoring 4-6, which they have done before. Thoughts? chime in.

• Like 1

From now on, I'll just post as an outsider from nbc10. Sorry for the problems. Chime in guys. Did you see chris cato co-anchoring tonight? Rosemary connors was with him at 4, and jackie was with him at 5. Keith jones was out, or something, and so was Jim Rosenfield. I think it's interesting that 10 didn't just have jackie and rosemary co-anchoring 4-6, which they have done before. Thoughts? chime in.

Would explain why Tracy was on at 4AM.

Guest Newshound

Just checked chris cato's twitter -- he's back on air at 4 am tomorrow. yikes. They must be have been really short staffed today. But, this is good news -- I think this could mean, some day, cato being one of their main evening anchors. I think he's very good. Do you all agree _/ disagree?

Guest Newshound

I meant to post this. When I turned on the tv Sunday night, once again, Michelle grossman was doing the forcast. Brittney did weekend mornings again this weekend. Doesn't this seem strange? It seems odd to me like I said before. Some weekends, they each will alternate between weekend mornings and weekend nights.

• Like 2

Guest Newshound

Great question, i'm not sure why they don't give Tracy a shot at the 4 pm as a fill in. However, I do like Rosemary Connors, but, that's just me. I think Rosemary and Jim are good together.

Guest Newshound

Nbc10 has stated on air their nonstop papal coverage will start saturday at 6 am. Also, Any word if nbc10 cameramen and tech people will strike? Jeff Blumenthal from the philly business journal said a few days ago a wcau strike was still possible. any word on that? just curious.