NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

WCAU cancelled a mayoral debate after failing to agree with the democratic mayors six page memorandum of understanding which included things about the size of dressing rooms, water bottles and camera angles. I can understand some things set up for equality but dictating camera angles is ridiculous. I wonder what other demands were on the list.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/NBC10_cancels_mayoral_debate_over_demands_by_Kenney_campaign.html#disqus_thread

Negotiations on camera movements and angles go back to the Nixon / Kennedy debates.

Just about every debate since then have included them as part of the discussion.

Many ofthe items are just "check boxes" in the interest of fairness.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone's up between 4-7AM NBC 10 broadcasts on Periscope under their twitter handle @NBCPhiladelphia. The broadcast shows many of the behind the scenes elements of the studio and the anchors will frequently interact with viewers during commercial breaks. I've tuned in for a half an hour before falling back asleep and it's quite entertaining. They do it almost every morning and the videos are archived for 24 hours.

You've been in the business for 30 years? I'd think you would be wiser than to come here, possibly jeopardizing your employment (yes, this board has been checked at the stations), to offer dirt and heavily push your agenda against Tracy, whom you've mentioned three times in your first four posts. You write with the enthusiastic discovery of an intern that thinks they heard something special. News Flash: You didn't. #countonit

If you want something in the papers, go offer it to whomever replaced Dan Gross.

• Like 1

No one is taking the bait. It's not necessarily that nobody believes you, but many of us on TVNT avoid in-fighting rumors like this. Yes, we may speculate about station sales, sets, graphics, and even personnel moves, gossip (with all due respect, your story is) is something we try to brush off. I don't want to speak for the moderators, but if you are serious about contributing on here, you'll drop the Tracy thing and move on.

Oh, and the hashtag at the end of each post is a little tacky, in my opinion, and you're probably not helping your credibility with it.

I will ask, is the station seemingly content with the solo anchor setup on weekends?

Seems so although they hired Chris for that reason and then moved him to mornings. They also seem content with solo anchors at 6/11 weekdays when one has off.

Personally I think if Renee doesn't return, they should move Tracy back to evenings so that there is a familiar face. Have Keith and Tracy at 11am/5pm and Jim and Jackie at 4pm/6pm/11pm

• Like 1

I'm just sharing inside info I have. I feel like station insiders don't get a voice, that's why I'm here. I have stuff on glen and sheena 2 -- they can't stand each other, but, I was going to save that for a later date.

WHY do station insiders need a voice? Are you oppressed? You work for NBC; they pay you. What good comes from spreading rumors and office gossip stories? Will it help your job? Will it put your organization in a good light?

If you worked at nbc, you'd know why. lol. It's not office gossip -- everything I say on here is true. I'm inside the station -- ,i wouldn't just come on here and make stuff up. Come on. But, lets not dwell on that. Anyway, I really do think that 10 has come a long way. Anzio is doing a pretty good job. Remember all that and more and survive and thrive? I much prefer the hard news they do now. Have you guys noticed that Brittney shipp and michelle grossman switched shifts? It's not that big of a deal, but, something that's interesting. Brittney for the most part does weekend mornings now, and Michelle does weekend nights.

I did notice that Brittney and Michelle flipped shifts, but is it permanent? I've seen them flip back and forth between shifts over the past few months. I don't even think Michelle was on this past weekend and Brittney did morning and evening weather. I thought Michelle had left the station last year to be with her family. Now she's back... and working a lot?

Just fyi, I don't have an agenda against Tracy. I'm just sharing inside info I have. I feel like station insiders don't get a voice, that's why I'm here. I have stuff on glen and sheena 2 -- they can't stand each other, but, I was going to save that for a later date. however, I can give you that info 2 if you want it. lol. Overall, most of 10's talent get along -- they have a lot of fun in the studio. They have good chemistry -- but, along with that comes some pretty big egos as well. #countonit

Tracy and Chris seem to have good chemistry and have fun on the morning shift. If you ever seen their behind the scenes periscopes in the morning it appears they get along well.

• Like 1

Going back to an earlier post-- I always thought it was somewhat unnecessary to have co-anchors on the weekend evening newscasts. In general, those newscasts are not as full with stories as the weekday evenings, and there is more time devoted to sports on the weekends, so it would seem one anchor could easily do the whole show. In the late 90s and early 2000s, I know channels 3 and 10 had co-anchors, but now they have gone back to solo. It seems somewhat ironic that channel 6 uses co-anchors on Sunday evenings after Rob Jennings had done it solo for years. I agree that weekend daytime shows should have co-anchors. It is often at least a two-hour block for shows, and it is a lot of reading for one anchor. Co-anchors could break it up a little. Again back to channel 6-- They originally had co-anchors on both Saturday and Sunday mornings (Walter Perez and Nydia Han or previously Jessica Borg, and Anita Brikman and Scott Palmer.) I am not sure why they have Eva doing the show solo on Saturdays. Channels 3 and 10 also had co-anchors on both days for years

Had to post this as well -- apparently, renee's husband, chaka fattah, wants the public to pay for his legal bills. In adition to my questions about sheena, glen, and weekend co-anchors, what do you guys think of that, chaka set up a web site for people to contribute. I'm sure anzio and ric were thrilled to hear that one. Does all of this boad well for renee?

Does not sound good. Is it a GoFundMe type of thing? Those crowd funding things drive me nuts especially when it's for something stupid.

Also I meant ironed this in the ShoutBox but I asked during their morning periscope how long does it take for the signal to reach the hub and back for transmission and they said they weren't hubbed. Is this true or are they mistaken?

I asked if their digital operations center was where msnbc /cnbc live shots happen and they aid that happens in New York. I was referring to when people where in Philadelphia and former governor Rendell has appeared from Philadelphia with the monitor wall in view showing live NBC/Telemundo programming. Maybe they weren't the right right people on the know.

I agree. For goodness sakes, let's get back on topic. This is the nbc10 thread. So, you guys still haven't answered my questions, do you think 10 should add weekend co-anchors or not? Rosemary does a solid solo block saturdays 5 to 7 am. Rosemary is great, but, denise could benefit from a co-anchor. Also, how old is glenn schwartz? We're not on good terms, so, I'm not asking him, but, what do you guys think? 66 67? I'm asking, because we all know sheena will take over as the chief meteorologist when he's done. You guys were very passionate about hulkie d, which I understand, but let's just see if this nbc10 stuff can get as passionate replies.

Is money that tight at the NBC O&O's that they can't hire a co-anchor for the weekend shows? KNSD has two anchors on weekend evenings and on weekend mornings they have an anchor and her co-anchor does double duty on weather. Half the time, KNSD goes solo on Weekend evenings anyways, and KNBC for the most part goes solo anchor on the weekend PM's as well.

• Like 2

- I love when people ask me questions about nbc10, since I'm in the know there.

-The digital operations center is located somewhere near their control room - that would be more of a question for anzio williams, as I'm not very sure- I forget where it's specifically located.

So, you're "in the know" with gossip, but not actual, physically verifiable facts? Control rooms are NOT hard to find.

Because you are presenting yourself in a role that I cannot believe you inhabit. For such an insider, you're spreading Chakka Fattah "news", Sheena "does have a big ego" and "is obsessed with her appearance", Tracy and Vai "talking trash" but you don't know where a major part of the technical operation of NBC10's newscasts are. I've been around when "insiders" have spouted off to the press and in forums about, frankly speaking, bullshitty content like we've seen in the last few pages. It's not good for the station's image or its people. If you value your coworkers at NBC, perhaps you would ruminate on this. Hey, you know, some of them were at KYW when the Larry/Alycia shitstorm hit. Ask them how great that was to work through.

Now, tidbits about the cost of flying the chopper or speculating cool anchor pairings are more like the discussions I've seen here.

My apologies for the detour in this thread, but this doesn't smell right to me.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program. our discussions, involving 10 needing weekend co-anchors, sheena parveen replacing glenn when he retires, etc.

What discussions? All this is is you bring this up again. I'm sorry but the way you are presenting yourself on this site is just immature. You could very well be telling the truth but just the way you are coming off, it's just not working.

Ok guys, my question for you is, what do you think of our on-air talent at nbc10, like all of our anchors and reporters? I feel like we have the best staff in the city. Getting Jim Rosenfield was a major plus for us. He has great inflection in his voice when he does the news, and he is very good without a teleprompter. I can say from seeing this first hand, he also does extensive research on stories before he reports them. Jacqueline London is great as well. And, with sheena as the main 11 pm weather person, We have a great team. Any other comments about our talent, or any more questions you want me to answer about 10, feel free to ask.

For someone who supposedly works for NBC10 you have an awful lot of time to spend on this thread. Drop the act. The way you write your posts screams little kid.

OK, see you in the hallways. I'm out.

You're my hero.

My job at nbc10 has me busy some days, others, not so much. It just depends. I post while I am at work. I have been in the business for 30 years, it will be 31 in october. please stop the personal attacks. I got on this board, because I figured some of you like the inside info. I am sincerely sorry if I've been a bit childish in my posts which I have. I will work hard to report the facts from now on and not gossip. but enough about me, back to the topic.

Just shut up already. It's apparent that nobody gives a shit.