NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

TCN is becoming the ESPN2 of CSN. If you noticed they recently peacocked the logo and the network is using the same IDs and graphics as CSN all day. Looks like the Breakfast on Broad will be like First Take (I hope not as annoying) as a morning talk show.

Also Jillian said her good byes today on the 11AM news.

One of the team members announced at launch was Jillian Mele meaning she'll likely be done at 10 in mornings, taking her traffic duties down to the Sports Complex.

Her new role isn't traffic-related. Although the press release claims weather and traffic updates in this new program, Comcast SportsNet does not have any technology related to those reporting services.

Nefertiti Jaquez is no longer with NBC10. Bio has been taken down from the station website.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/nefertiti-jaquez-out-at-wcau/143358

This was already mentioned on thread. See below:

Nefertiti Jacquez out at WCAU :

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/nefertiti-jaquez-out-at-wcau/143358

You feel for her but what she did is a big no-no in journalism. You always wait til the family's been fully notified before going on air with that.

Maybe I misunderstood the story, but I don't think the problem was reporting something (that he's dead) before the family knew, but rather reporting that he was dead when he was actually alive but in critical condition.

You feel for her but what she did is a big no-no in journalism. You always wait til the family's been fully notified before going on air with that.

Something similar happened with KTVT in Dallas of course said employee is still working at KTVT

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/2/3/ft-worth-police-lashed-out-at-dallas-station

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/personality/arezow-doost/

Maybe I misunderstood the story, but I don't think the problem was reporting something (that he's dead) before the family knew, but rather reporting that he was dead when he was actually alive but in critical condition.

Yeah. The TV Spy article said the PPD was not happy about her jumping the gun on announcing his death before all of the family had been notified. That's usually standard protocol in any shop that you wait before going to air with it no matter how many sources confirm it.

Yeah. The TV Spy article said the PPD was not happy about her jumping the gun on announcing his death before all of the family had been notified. That's usually standard protocol in any shop that you wait before going to air with it no matter how many sources confirm it.

I went back and read the article. It doesn't say anything about her reporting of his death before the family was notified. The family is not even mentioned. It does say, that at 5:34 she reported he had died. He was, in fact, still alive at that moment. They referred to him as injured in a report some 10 minutes later. He was not pronounced dead until almost an hour later, 6:25.

So, it seems she was let go for getting a story wrong, not because she didn't follow protocol on announcing a death (in fact there is no evidence she didn't follow protocol.... I'm not even sure she referred to the officer by name).

Is anybody else having trouble watching the videos on the NBC10 website? I haven't been able to watch anything for months. I tried all different browsers and still no luck. I have Adobe Flash enabled for my main browser (Google Chrome). When I hit play on a video, it says "THE SELECTED ITEM IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE"

Is anybody else having trouble watching the videos on the NBC10 website? I haven't been able to watch anything for months. I tried all different browsers and still no luck. I have Adobe Flash enabled for my main browser (Google Chrome). When I hit play on a video, it says "THE SELECTED ITEM IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE"

No I'm currently watching a story about sinkhole repairs closing down a road. (I'm using Firefox).

• 3 weeks later...

It's a kick in the balls for WCAU esp if he takes Anzio Williams with him but they'll turn WNBC around like they did here. I'm confident that they'll bring in a competent replacement cause if they don't they'll hear about it from Comcast.

It's a kick in the balls for WCAU esp if he takes Anzio Williams with him but they'll turn WNBC around like they did here. I'm confident that they'll bring in a competent replacement cause if they don't they'll hear about it from Comcast.

They better bring a competent replacement. The investment that has been put in WCAU for the last 3-4 years will have been for nothing. Would he really need Anzio Williams there though? Because I would think that WNBC is not in as bad shape as WCAU was, entering 2011.

Didn't the same thing happen with KYW's GM back in the early 2000s? When KYW was doing well with Mendte and Lane, the GM went to WCBS in New York?

They better bring a competent replacement. The investment that has been put in WCAU for the last 3-4 years will have been for nothing. Would he really need Anzio Williams there though? Because I would think that WNBC is not in as bad shape as WCAU was, entering 2011.

Didn't the same thing happen with KYW's GM back in the early 2000s? When KYW was doing well with Mendte and Lane, the GM went to WCBS in New York?

There's reports that say Anzio would follow.

But yeah Peter Dunn brought KYW out of the gutter and built it up into a contender then he went to WCBS and now he runs the station group.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Vai officially off the morning (4-7AM) show? I was up early this morning and noticed in the 5:30am half hour it was Chris and Tracy anchoring, but Vai is anchoring the 11am (and seems like he has been for a while).

From what I've seen, it's Chris from 4-4:30, then Tracy and Chris from 4:30-6 then Tracy and Vai for the last hour. It seems like Vai does the 11am solo.

NBC 10 and CSN Philly just inked a deal with the Eagles. 10 and CSN take the Official Eagles Station honor away from 6, preseason games air on 10 this year, and all the fun stuff from the Eagles Television Network will follow. Deal starts with the draft.

NBC 10 and CSN Philly just inked a deal with the Eagles. 10 and CSN take the Official Eagles Station honor away from 6, preseason games air on 10 this year, and all the fun stuff from the Eagles Television Network will follow. Deal starts with the draft.

God comcast is really upping their game with sports rights in Philadelphia at least. Sure most games regular season games won't air on the channel but you will basically get preferential treatment for everything.

I'm curious does this include games /programs on WWSI? Then again is the Spanish language audience big enough to translate a few games a year.

Whoa that's big news (and I wonder how long it'll take for Swoop to be axed from all but WPVI's Autumn opens lol). I hope ETN and CSN split the production duties of the preseason games. It would be cool to have the SNF look to them. ETN hasn't had the best of graphical looks for games over the years.

God comcast is really upping their game with sports rights in Philadelphia at least. Sure most games regular season games won't air on the channel but you will basically get preferential treatment for everything.

I'm curious does this include games /programs on WWSI? Then again is the Spanish language audience big enough to translate a few games a year.

The Eagles could very well be on 3-4 (maybe 5 or 6 with flex scheduling) SNF games this year with how much attention they've drawn on themselves nationally and this market loooooves their football team so I'm sure 10 and CSN will have that covered.

As for WWSI, in theory they could (big could) a Spanish language TV simulcast for preseason games only. You can't do it for regular season as they're not a rights holder. The Eagles do have a Spanish radio network that is available through SAP.

I'm not sure this applies to WWSI - for the Broad Street Run, which is being simulcast on both stations, they're going out of their way to use both stations' logos. Only NBC 10 is being mentioned on the broadcast side.