NBC 10 Thread

WCAUTVNBC10

While I thought the 11am was Renee's newscast, it seems that the 11am newscast has a rotating set of anchors. While Renee seems to be there the most, the following also anchor it fairly often (in order from most frequent to least frequent): Vai Sikahema, Keith Jones, Tracy Davidson, Chris Cato, and once in a while Christine Maddela. I'd personally like to see it co-anchored with Keith and Renee or Tracy. While it's not as frequent as with the anchor chair, Bill Henley (and Brittney Shipp) fill in fairly often for Glen on the 11am.

Now you mentioned it, I shouldn't be surprised.

Then I say to myself how many ways you can make a package sound so great. Then I realize many cuts are less than a few seconds to less than a minute.

LA Groove (sounding like broken record) just didn't fit the vibe of the new NBC 10. The recent years went to a very kick***, fast paced, driving force to its news delivery. Also the substance of the news (which every station should still look up to 10 for) also fit with the style of the theme, believe it or not. KHOU's V2 of Propulsion fits into this description to a lesser extent. Going showtunes ruined the entire vibe of delivering the news.

Arnold isn't kidding when a stations ratings can be impacted up to 15% because of sonic branding news music. The times I would see 10 with LA Groove, I wouldn't stay on it for long. The music would make me go mellow or fall asleep. You loose connection to the viewers.

LA Groove fits KNBC and KNTV. But not 'CAU and the Flagship, WNBC.

I hope WCAU switches back to 360 (No offense Matt.) tomorrow (like they did in 2012 on Super Bowl Sunday of that year.)

LA Groove fits KNBC and KNTV. But not 'CAU and the Flagship, WNBC.

I hope WCAU switches back to 360 (No offense Matt.) tomorrow (like they did in 2012 on Super Bowl Sunday of that year.)

Actually they switched in June of '11 coinciding with when they refreshed Look C.

I thought the new promo was pretty sharp! I saw some postings about it on Twitter. The first question that came to my mind was how they had the room to fit the chopper...the StormForce SUV and large NBC10. I tweeted Vince Latanzio asking where it was shot and turns out it was done at Sun City Studios in Aston Delaware county.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought the new promo was pretty sharp! I saw some postings about it on Twitter. The first question that came to my mind was how they had the room to fit the chopper...the StormForce SUV and large NBC10. I tweeted Vince Latanzio asking where it was shot and turns out it was done at Sun City Studios in Aston Delaware county.

Thanks PhillyHere some other members thought they could fit SkyForce 10 together in one of their studios, to which I voted no.

So today they started AM news at 3AM. Any snow yet up their

Down here in Baltimore they started at 4AM. Looks to be about 3" of snow around.

Yeah we got about 5 inches in and around the city.

I wrote this in the middle of the night and forgot to make my point. In hindsight WCAU probably shouldn't have started news at 3AM. I personally don't think there wasn't a need for such an early newscast for such little predicted snowfall.

Everyone in the market went early this morning. WCAU and WTXF started at 3 and normally start at 4, KYW and WPVI at 4 and normally go on at 4:30. It's not that big a deal. Our AM rush believe it or not does start around 4:30-5ish so to be on that early really isn't outlandlandish esp when 3AM was the predicted height of the storm.

Everyone in the market went early this morning. WCAU and WTXF started at 3 and normally start at 4, KYW and WPVI at 4 and normally go on at 4:30. It's not that big a deal. Our AM rush believe it or not does start around 4:30-5ish so to be on that early really isn't outlandlandish esp when 3AM was the predicted height of the storm.

But 3 AM is really excessive. Are people really getting up that early when it snows to check the weather? 4 AM, I think, is the limit that makes the most sense.

Looks like 10 adds another South Jersey Reporter.

From TVNewsCheck:

"NBC-owned WCAU Philadelphia (DMA 4) today said Drew Smith will be joining Ted Greenberg and Cydney Long on the station’s South Jersey team of reporters, marking an expansion of resources in Atlantic and Cape May Counties. His first day will be March 23."

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/83071/wcau-names-drew-smith-south-jersey-reporter

Random observation: today during the 4PM, they're using the 360 theme for bumpers. Have they been mixing this with the GrooveWorx theme all along, and I haven't noticed it?

They brought back that theme for commercial bumpers a few months back.

Has there been any official release regarding their morning news 4:00 AM? I've checked the schedules and they still list 4:00 AM as Early Today. I came acrosse this Instagram account for their morning news anchors which says they are on the air from 4:30 - 7:00 AM. Then there this Instagram post by Tracy Davidson mentioning a 4:00 AM start time. I'm guessing 4:00 AM is the defacto start time because they've been doing this for a few months now but for some reason they don't want to make it permanent so they decided to keep 4:30 AM in their profile. http://nstagram.com/p/yrGjp0xvwB/

Has there been any official release regarding their morning news 4:00 AM? I've checked the schedules and they still list 4:00 AM as Early Today. I came acrosse this Instagram account for their morning news anchors which says they are on the air from 4:30 - 7:00 AM. Then there this Instagram post by Tracy Davidson mentioning a 4:00 AM start time. I'm guessing 4:00 AM is the defacto start time because they've been doing this for a few months now but for some reason they don't want to make it permanent so they decided to keep 4:30 AM in their profile. http://nstagram.com/p/yrGjp0xvwB/

They kinda just started going on at 4. No announcements or anything like that. 4AM is the official start time though. If you go to the page that hosts their livestream it'll give you their current broadcast schedule and I believe that it does say 4AM on it.

• 3 weeks later...

"Hurricane" was doing the morning show this morning for Bill Henley. I noticed they cater more toward Sheena Parveen to being the main weather anchor than Glenn, even though he's "Chief Meteorologist". I know 10's weather team are team players, but can someone explain the dynamic of the team?

A slew of articles are out today announcing the launch of "Breakfast on Broad", a new morning show on The Comcast Network (though essentially a Comcast Sportsnet show, only they didn't want to ax the sports news loop currently airing there in mornings). One of the team members announced at launch was Jillian Mele meaning she'll likely be done at 10 in mornings, taking her traffic duties down to the Sports Complex.

Time for another trafficperson contest?!

They haven't done anything meaningful with TCN since they dumped Art Fennell and the CN8 brand; it's been used primarily for overflow or not-as-important sports from CSN. Let's hope that WWCAU maybe can use TCN as a showcase for locally-produced programming, they could do that.