Hal Douglas (1924-2014)

Sad news. This is quite a blow to the industry. Here is a note I got from Tom Kane about Hal.

Hal Douglas, one of the most gifted Trailer and Promo Voiceover actors in history, died this morning at his home in Virginia.

He was best known for countless Trailers, and promos such as "On the next A&E Biography", and was picked to represent our entire industry by brilliantly portraying "Jack the Trailer Guy" in the Trailer for Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedian" -

The greatest compliment ever paid to him was one he never heard. Don LaFontaine and I were in the kitchen nook at WoodHolly one day, shooting the breeze about our fellow Trailer brethren, and Hal came up. Don looked at me and said, "I'm just lucky that man isn't greedy." I asked why, and he said, "Because if he wanted to, he could eat my lunch."

Seriously, imagine that.

I figure right about now God is chatting with the two of them, saying, "OK, just one more time... do the 'In a World' thing again."

Rest in peace, Hal.

Hal Douglas

1924-2014

- Tom

• 1 year later...

Archived