Holy Graphics Knockoff Batman!!

ABC 7 Denver

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. I guess after cross-town competitor WBBH unveiled their Look F lookalike package, WINK decided they needed something else.

They're still using Look F for everything else which makes it look real awkward. You can watch the stream on their homepage and judge for yourself: http://www.winknews.com/.

Y'all got it backwards. WBBH is the real Look F, WINK is the phony.

This "Blue Helio" thing seems to be like the Bigfoot of these boards- no one can find concrete proof of their existence, and yet rumors swirl about.

They're real! I swear! I talked to someone who worked there once... but when I turned away for a second, he disappeared as if he were never there... it was the weirdest thing...

I'll find them again someday...

;)

I tend to agree with some of you, this "Blue Helio" stuff is nothing but a wild goosechase. Until somebody (or someone) from the news industry comfirms which company is behind the graphics for WCBS, KIMT, KOIN?, WLEX and others, we'll have to label the company as an "unknown" from this point.

Last I heard, Blue Helio was ONE former GO designer and it was set up just to get around some legal issue.

Ruth Dial, also formerly of GO, does graphics packages too. The KTSP package that debut in December that people attributed to "Blue Helio" is listed on her Behance profile. I believe she also did WLS' package. I don't know if she was behind "Blue Helio", but from what I was told, nobody is actively operating as "Blue Helio".

Nobody's going to operate a design company that has no information available online. I think there are probably a few former GO people out there doing stuff on their own.

Ok seriously. I want to lay this to rest once and for all:

e2798aaec7e9e9eb1b065666e11ff97a.png

That clears up who is/was behind the "Blue Helio" name, but there are still many questions left unanswered, like why they have no public presence and why nobody seems to take credit for their stuff (Ruth's Behance profile has the one package that doesn't mention anyone else while the other stuff she has mentions people she worked with, like Cake Studios).

And until we get some more answers, it will remain... a mystery.

[yt]YQpLNCRIxWA[/yt]

And to further prove my point...

https://vimeo.com/user13786065

Actually, that's deceiving...

The work in the 2012 Reel are from packages from GO.

The second is the open for KTSP, true, but as I suspect Ruth contracted the design to an outside developer, like Giant Octopus did frequently with MadeInBrain.

Further evidence, too:

https://vimeo.com/bluehelio

"blue helio" is rey and "red creative" is ruth. c'mon folks... not that hard to figure out.

they are both capable of making motion graphics on their own or by working together. trying to assign the source of a graphics package to one person is ridiculous and unrealistic. christ...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...