Holy Graphics Knockoff Batman!!

ABC 7 Denver

The problem with Wichita is that the eras are scattered - KAKE has plenty from the 80s while KWCH has plenty from the 90s. As for KSNW, it’s the same as KAKE, yet the annoying part is that their 1986 newscast has no music on the open.

Not to go too far off tangent, but what's more annoying is the only other stuff that that I have from KSNW from that period is on a tape that rewound off the reel and I just haven't had a moment to get it fixed. It's most of the same elements that have been uploaded, in either SP or LP quality. Not too much new, but still, it's more than was there before.

For me, the big one I'm trying to track down is KWCH's "The Look of a Leader" era stuff, especially when it comes to newscasts and similar shows. The few things I have uploaded on YouTube are all that I have so far so I'm not sure if some of the stuff I've heard on other tapes I have is part of it or is just production music.

• 4 weeks later...

Heartlands WFFT updated their news and weather logo while keeping the old nexstar package. Now know as FoX55, they have the o&o logo while mocking the Tribune logo transition

In the close, you can see the new weather logo. Tell me, where did they get the idea for that logo? ;);)

• Like 2

Heartlands WFFT updated their news and weather logo while keeping the old nexstar package. Now know as FoX55, they have the o&o logo while mocking the Tribune logo transition

In the close, you can see the new weather logo. Tell me, where did they get the idea for that logo? ;);)

They stole that weather logo from WHBQ.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I personally thought WNEM would use KOAA-TV’s Scripps knockoff since the former knocked off Scripps itself.

My hopes were for WNEM using the actual Scripps graphics, which are now syndicated (KNBN uses them).

• Like 2

The font choice ruins it. Then again, WSMV bastardized the current NBC O&O graphics, so what else is new.

Why would WSMV/WNEM ruin the O&O looks like that? I mean the graphics looks good but the fonts on BOTH stations looks terrible imo

• Like 3

I'm still baffled they are using Gotham for weather but nowhere else... It's so tacky to combine the 2 fonts together

They need to get that typeface off their weather computer and put it on their CG.

Myriad, to me, always will be the default or the indicator of a missing font. That's just the way it is.

• Like 1