Holy Graphics Knockoff Batman!!

ABC 7 Denver

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

Ha. A very directional news station. North central West Virginia. 

It just looks so....off.  Especially how the top of the "5" overlaps the circle.

Is Morgantown still part of the Pittsburgh market?  I'm sure that's an area the Clarksburg/Fairmont/Weston stations want to themselves.

• Like 2

For some reason, I'm getting low-rent WSVN vibes. The overly edited headline tease, the gaudy 3D animations, the presenters introducing themselves before the main title sequence, the guy pointing at the camera (that's how you know he's serious), and even the "news station" branding and circle logo. I may just be overthinking it though.

2 hours ago, froyo49 said:

For some reason, I'm getting low-rent WSVN vibes. The overly edited headline tease, the gaudy 3D animations, the presenters introducing themselves before the main title sequence, the guy pointing at the camera (that's how you know he's serious), and even the "news station" branding and circle logo. I may just be overthinking it though.

Agreed.  Too much gratuitous use of 3D.  Without the cheesy transitions and that logo, it may look halfway decent.

Some small markets just need to act their size and not look more out of place by ripping off a look and feel that is NOT anything close to what could pass off as something original and more authentic to the area.

Edited by tyrannical bastard

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am bumping this thread, because I want to mention something I came across. WVLT-TV in Knoxville, back in 2001, used what may be a knock-off of the Hearst-Argyle station graphics package.

You can view the WVLT open at 37:09.

Edited by KnoxvilleTVFan
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/8/2022 at 6:25 AM, Jared DiCarlo said:

There’s a shameless ripoff of WNYT/KMOV’s intro near the end of this video:

More of a hackjob than a ripoff.  Basically using another package and trying to localilze it, with bad results.

WTRF used this package too.  I'd post the video from YouTube, but it appears to have been taken down.  Their opens looked good but they had one that was clearly "keyed over" like these.

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...