Holy Graphics Knockoff Batman!!

ABC 7 Denver

KTEN-DT3 (the station's ABC-affiliated subchannel) uses a major ripoff of WGN's graphics package, with ABC Modern replacing Proxima Nova in the talent bumper.

The confusing part is that KTEN now brands its ABC subchannel's newscasts as ABC 10 First News, but its website still refers to the subchannel as "ABC Texoma" (with two different logos for the main page and the subchannel's page, respectively). Anyone know if this is either just an oversight on KTEN's part or does KTEN-DT3 not use the "ABC 10" name universally?

KTEN-DT3 (the station's ABC-affiliated subchannel) uses a major ripoff of WGN's graphics package, with ABC Modern replacing Proxima Nova in the talent bumper.

The confusing part is that KTEN now brands its ABC subchannel's newscasts as ABC 10 First News, but its website still refers to the subchannel as "ABC Texoma" (with two different logos for the main page and the subchannel's page, respectively). Anyone know if this is either just an oversight on KTEN's part or does KTEN-DT3 not use the "ABC 10" name universally?

As a resident of Ada, Oklahoma, KTEN's city of license, I watch the ABC sub channel for "Jeopardy!" they'll be some general station ID's with the ABC 10 logo, and others with the ABC Texoma logo that were from 2010 when the channel originally launched. There is a Facebook page for ABC 10, where only the ABC 10 logo displays with no mention of the ABC Texoma logo. Personally, I have been hoping that Lockwood will eventually sell KTEN & KAKE to a better owner. I'll take Sinclair or Nexstar at this point.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
I could see how you'd get KIRO out of that. But looking more at the opens and stingers, I see Look F. It's not a complete ripoff necessarily, but I see some NBC influence.

I actually really like that open. Music cut is a bit odd. Their logo is also nice. Otherwise, I see Look F in the first couple seconds when their slogan pops up.

• 2 weeks later...
From ABC's new show, The Mayor (taken off a story from Variety on the new show's ratings):

the-mayor-abc.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

A Scripps station in NorCal perhaps?

I think it's supposed to be a rip-off of the Ch-8 in Fort Bragg, CA that used to do some news way back in the dark ages.

Psssst...

Nobody in Northern California says "Norcal". Yes, it's acceptable to say "Socal" when referring to all counties south of Santa Barbara....not to be confused with "Soquel" located in Santa Cruz County.

Just like no sane native Californian would ever say "Cali".

Hollywood screws everything up.

• Like 8

Agreed.

(In my defense, I've had this username at various incarnations of this site since 2000. Christ, I need new interests.)

You can have a "pass" cuz you used it in a handle.

...but we will be watching you....bwaaaaa

From what I can remember last time I was in Denison, Texas (my dad has an office down there), they pretty much just use "ABC Texoma" for everything else but the newscasts.

They don't even put the station logo in the corner of the end of network promos.

• Like 1

I think it's supposed to be a rip-off of the Ch-8 in Fort Bragg, CA that used to do some news way back in the dark ages.

Psssst...

Nobody in Northern California says "Norcal". Yes, it's acceptable to say "Socal" when referring to all counties south of Santa Barbara....not to be confused with "Soquel" located in Santa Cruz County.

Just like no sane native Californian would ever say "Cali".

Hollywood screws everything up.

Except my family who are from Pleasanton, CA.

• 2 weeks later...

WXIN used a rip-off of the first generation Fox O&O graphics in their opens from 2006 until they went HD in 2009. The Fox O&O music was used though. Sister stations WTIC and WPMT used the actual Fox O&O graphics.

WWMT's news opens from 1996-2006 takes cues from the Hearst camera opens, when they used Signature. WISN (Hearst) is sort of literally across the lake from WWMT (at the time Freedom). They stopped using the music at the beginning of 2007 (switching to Enforcer) due to SESAC, and changed graphics and branding at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

The Loney Bowl (Atlantic Canada's conference championship college university football championship, which itself got delayed due to some drama, but the team who originally won by default won anyway) appears to have ripped off Fox's old NFL scoreboard.

[MEDIA=twitter]930541580829814791[/MEDIA]

Also, on the same topic, the Canadian Bowl (our national junior football championship) ripped off ESPN's College Football logo (and I mean the current one) for its actual game logo.

• Like 2