Holy Graphics Knockoff Batman!!

ABC 7 Denver

It's the latter. The font WVIR used completely ruined the VDO package altogether.

WVIR and WBBH have the same owners (Waterman Broadcasting), you would've thought that WVIR could've just copied the exact package that WBBH had without any modifications.

WPSD uses this same package and seems to do a better job of it even though they aren't owned by Waterman.

Here we go! This is KQDS in Duluth, MN. What's worse is that these are fairly new graphics for them.

http://www.fox21online.com/sites/default/files/Evening%20Update%2010-21-14.mp4

Well, for the market size it's not bad. At least they are not using the Fox 1998 package for their music like their sister

(KVRR's graphics aren't bad but they'd be so much better if they could use fonts other than Tahoma or Impact)

Here we go! This is KQDS in Duluth, MN. What's worse is that these are fairly new graphics for them.

http://www.fox21online.com/sites/default/files/Evening%20Update%2010-21-14.mp4

Love the FOX 21 bug. Almost looks o&o (but backwards) but they could've done better with the font in the lower thirds but everything else needs more TLC on the rest of the graphics.

Well, for the market size it's not bad. At least they are not using the Fox 1998 package for their music like their sister

(KVRR's graphics aren't bad but they'd be so much better if they could use fonts other than Tahoma or Impact)

Those KVRR graphics almost look like a knock-off of Sinclair's Daily News graphics.

Well, it looks like Gray is about to seriously overhaul KALB....by the looks of their website.

www.kalb.com.

I've been less than impressed with most of Gray's on-air products, but this looks to be a massive improvement over what they've had over the last few years under Hoak.

And it makes sense that they would totally blow up any remaining resemblance to their days as a Media General station....they compete against each other in a lot of places....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
WINK has new lower 3rds. Anyone care to guess who they're imitating?

http://www.winknews.com/2015/02/06/wink-news-investigates-whos-driving-your-childs-bus/

Isn't this like the 2nd or 3rd time WINK knocked off graphics. I know before this package, they had copied NBC package (Look F) if I'm not mistaken.

Isn't this like the 2nd or 3rd time WINK knocked off graphics. I know before this package, they had copied NBC package (Look F) if I'm not mistaken.

Yep. I guess after cross-town competitor WBBH unveiled their Look F lookalike package, WINK decided they needed something else.

They're still using Look F for everything else which makes it look real awkward. You can watch the stream on their homepage and judge for yourself: http://www.winknews.com/.