Third Coast

channel2

Who commissioned this package? I've looked up and down, and I've even asked Stephen Arnold himself who commissioned it. He said it was KSHB in Kansas City, but NMSA says that they didn't start using it until 1999, when Third Coast dates to 1994. Did KSHB commission it, but then let it sit on the shelf for five years?

It's one of my favorite packages and I've been dwelling on the subject... so thank you for making this topic. If you listen to the samples on the NMSA, you'll hear that KHSB is using the more rock-esque section. Those cuts aren't until later in the package. It's quite possible that those were initially updates commissioned by KHSB. Because there is a Third Coast V.2, as you can hear on WSET. I'm more interested on finding out about that. I want to hear about those cuts because it's a totally different orchestration.

The original client always uses strange cuts compared to everyone else. Listen to Signature on WBTV.

That particular WBTV sample on the NMSA is from 1997 (as heard

) so I'm sure they used the more traditional cuts early in its run. That's the only WBTV Signature open I've seen.

Continuing on, I just checked newsmusicnow.com and it lists the original client as WBAL.

That would make sense because I've noticed a pattern with SAM packages. The original client always uses strange cuts compared to everyone else. Listen to Signature on WBTV.

The same thing occurs with iNergy. Scripps has a different package than the syndicated package.

It would've been nice if KSHB had kept Third Coast around. Actually, it would've been nice if anyone kept it around.

The same thing occurs with iNergy. Scripps has a different package than the syndicated package.

Speaking of iNergy, it sounds like KSHB has started to use different cuts of it for its bumpers/teasers or whatever and their open, but that could just be for the mornings.

What's the distinctive differences between the Scripps version of the theme and the syndie version used for non-Scripps stations (like some of the Nexstar stations for example)? Unless Arnold added very recent themes, I doubt there is a difference in between the two.

And for the record, I'm not talking about the customized KHON 2 variant.

Speaking of iNergy, it sounds like KSHB has started to use different cuts of it for its bumpers/teasers or whatever and their open, but that could just be for the mornings.

iNergy is constantly having updates produced for it... similar to Strive for the Hearst stations

"Third Coast" or "Fresh Coast" is an American colloquialism used to describe several (usually coastal) regions distinct from the West Coast and the East Coast of the United States.

The term is generally used to refer to the Great Lakes region and the Gulf Coast of the United States.

This doesn't align with the commissioner if is was WBAL.

• 1 month later...

Archived