Stephanopoulos to Scale Back Hosting ‘This Week’

BehindNYNews

He is now down to hosting 2 shows a month. Martha Raddatz is going to be the main "other" host with Jon Karl also hosting.

My guess is they are planning on taking George off completely eventually. Possibly setting up an easier transition when Diane Sawyer retires.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/george-stephanopoulos-to-scale-back-hosting-this-week_b215452

I'm kinda intrigued by the idea of Raddatz and Karl hosting based on the news of the week. It's potentially messy and confusing, but I like it, nonetheless, and might be interested in seeing if it becomes permanent.

As for George scaling back, it makes sense. In addition to his (possible) ascension to the 'World News' chair, he's reached a point of importance at the network where he could step back a bit and take it easy once in awhile. He's paid his dues, and hopefully this is a reward for him.

I'm kinda intrigued by the idea of Raddatz and Karl hosting based on the news of the week. It's potentially messy and confusing, but I like it, nonetheless, and might be interested in seeing if it becomes permanent.

As for George scaling back, it makes sense. In addition to his (possible) ascension to the 'World News' chair, he's reached a point of importance at the network where he could step back a bit and take it easy once in awhile. He's paid his dues, and hopefully this is a reward for him.

I will say I love the ABC News DC set on This Week. It is a perfect set for the program. I think it will be interesting to see what happens.

The timing makes sense given George's impending contract renegotiation. Recall that when he went to GMA, he left This Week. It was only when Christiane Amanpour tanked the ratings that George was brought back to save the show. I'm sure he'd rather have Sunday off (although maybe not -- maybe he enjoys interviewing Washington movers and shakers).

It is interesting that Martha Raddatz is being positioned as next in line rather than Jon Karl. It would certainly seem he has more time left at the network than she does.

The timing makes sense given George's impending contract renegotiation. Recall that when he went to GMA, he left This Week. It was only when Christiane Amanpour tanked the ratings that George was brought back to save the show. I'm sure he'd rather have Sunday off (although maybe not -- maybe he enjoys interviewing Washington movers and shakers).

It is interesting that Martha Raddatz is being positioned as next in line rather than Jon Karl. It would certainly seem he has more time left at the network than she does.

Martha has actually been his official back-up since Tapper left. Frankly, Jake should have gotten the job instead of George.

Martha has actually been his official back-up since Tapper left. Frankly, Jake should have gotten the job instead of George.

Jake was a great reporter but he seems a bit uncomfortable and unnatural in the anchor chair.

Archived