What will happen to MynetworkTV in St Louis?

nomadcowatbk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really hate Gina D's Kids Club don't you? It comes on that Smile of a Child channel on cable, it's not as bad as you make it out to be... :D

Believe me, it's pretty bad if "The Soup" rips on it.

"It's a happy Hamwinkie! Now, eat it, dammit!"

If (god willing) the CTA is repealed, cause let's face it, it's an irrelevant piece of paper, will at least a network like NBC go back into producing saturday morning television, but this time heralding back a la TNBC, hiring Peter Engel to do shows again, or produce shows a la Degrassi (the

of course :) ) and target that youth audience that willingly would watch anything other than ESPN's college gameday or spend first thing on youtube after they wake up? Or do affiliates rather have those hours back and program themselves? And what will they broadcast by the way?

Despite the "network affiliations" relationship, How much and why do the owned and operated affiliates or affiliates in great relationship with the networks for that matter have as much clout in terms of programming, including infomercials, as i read a sentence in Hulkie's post about Toons in the 2000s, stated and highlighted only:

"Most viewers are familiar with the networks rather than the local stations, but the stations have a lot more clout than most of you think. NBC’s recent decision to move to Jay Leno to 10pm for five nights a week has been accompanied by a lot of nervousness from their affiliates. As you saw above, as Fox grew in stature, the makeup of its affiliate body changed dramatically. Most of the network’s stations took on the character of the bigger former network affiliates that joined the fold."

Meanwhile, will the repeal be seen the light of day anytime soon? Will we see quality children's programming afterwards, or is it news all morning for the stations until sports coverage. I think local productions can be filled in those times as well, including local sports from high school or preferably college.

By the way, funny comment on Jack Hanna, though he does occasionally appear on GMA and the maury show, so there.

If (god willing) the CTA is repealed, cause let's face it, it's an irrelevant piece of paper, will at least a network like NBC go back into producing saturday morning television, but this time heralding back a la TNBC, hiring Peter Engel to do shows again, or produce shows a la Degrassi (the

of course :) ) and target that youth audience that willingly would watch anything other than ESPN's college gameday or spend first thing on youtube after they wake up? Or do affiliates rather have those hours back and program themselves? And what will they broadcast by the way?

Despite the "network affiliations" relationship, How much and why do the owned and operated affiliates or affiliates in great relationship with the networks for that matter have as much clout in terms of programming, including infomercials, as i read a sentence in Hulkie's post about Toons in the 2000s, stated and highlighted only:

"Most viewers are familiar with the networks rather than the local stations, but the stations have a lot more clout than most of you think. NBC’s recent decision to move to Jay Leno to 10pm for five nights a week has been accompanied by a lot of nervousness from their affiliates. As you saw above, as Fox grew in stature, the makeup of its affiliate body changed dramatically. Most of the network’s stations took on the character of the bigger former network affiliates that joined the fold."

Meanwhile, will the repeal be seen the light of day anytime soon? Will we see quality children's programming afterwards, or is it news all morning for the stations until sports coverage. I think local productions can be filled in those times as well, including local sports from high school or preferably college.

By the way, funny comment on Jack Hanna, though he does occasionally appear on GMA and the maury show, so there.

No, if it's repealed and affiliates have to fill the time they will just run more news or infomercials.

And the affiliates pay the network hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to carry their programming. Wouldn't you think the networks would listen to them?

No, if it's repealed and affiliates have to fill the time they will just run more news or infomercials.

And the affiliates pay the network hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to carry their programming. Wouldn't you think the networks would listen to them?

The station will get the same amount of viewers running infomercials than with bargain-basement E/I--zero. The only difference is that infomercials actually make money for the stations, and it would be the easy way out for them. Why not grow revenue when no one's watching in those time slots to begin with.

• 8 months later...
Welcome to MYTV St. Louis!

KMOV-TV is adding another network to our family of stations. Not only do you enjoy CBS programing and News 4 on KMOV, but along with the classic sitcoms on METV we are now adding MYTV.

From animated blocks of King of the Hill and American Dad, to Bones and Law & Order to exciting new movies and local sports coverage, MYTV will have a mix of some of your favorite programing.

To start watching MYTV just tune to Channel 181 on Charter Cable and over the air at 4.3.

http://www.kmov.com/community/KMOV-TV-launches-new-sister-station--282973851.html

I'm glad MNT has come back to St Louis, only thing is it's still in crappy 4:3 480i SD.

http://www.kmov.com/community/KMOV-TV-launches-new-sister-station--282973851.html

I'm glad MNT has come back to St Louis, only thing is it's still in crappy 4:3 480i SD.

Guess that solves what they'll do after LWN goes off the air. It also looks like KMOV picked up the synidcation rights to everything that WRBU had.

Figured it was going to end up on a subchannel, didn't think it was going to be KMOV but I guess that makes since since sister station KCTV has a duopoly with the MYTV affiliate in Kansas City (KSMO). Works for KMOV because now they have a channel where they can move regular programming to in case of breaking news/weather.

And considering the stuff happening in Ferguson, it didn't come a moment too soon.

Guess that solves what they'll do after LWN goes off the air. It also looks like KMOV picked up the synidcation rights to everything that WRBU had.

Figured it was going to end up on a subchannel, didn't think it was going to be KMOV but I guess that makes since since sister station KCTV has a duopoly with the MYTV affiliate in Kansas City (KSMO). Works for KMOV because now they have a channel where they can move regular programming to in case of breaking news/weather.

And considering the stuff happening in Ferguson, it didn't come a moment too soon.

This is surprising given that KMOV is a Meredith station, and the Phoenix management (before they bought KTVK) kept telling me they didn't want to replace their useless weather loop with any kind of diginet service on 5.2 because of bandwidth issues and mobile DTV (which was a major bust).

The only show that MyTV offers that should be in HD is (heavily edited) reruns of The Walking Dead.

And you and I can watch new episodes of that show on AMC at any time.

Archived