What will happen to MynetworkTV in St Louis?

nomadcowatbk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the same thing with ion prior to their purchase, it won't be on here anymore. And considering that the only thing MNTV seems to show anymore is reruns of Law and Order, the demand to get this network back on the air here in the St. Louis market probably isn't that high.

That or it'll do the same thing it did with UPN before it went to WRBU and just air it very late at night on KDNL.

If it does come back to this market, it'll probably come back in the form of a subchannel and the only one I could see doing that is Sinclair and KDNL.

Probably the same thing with ion prior to their purchase, it won't be on here anymore. And considering that the only thing MNTV seems to show anymore is reruns of Law and Order, the demand to get this network back on the air here in the St. Louis market probably isn't that high.

That or it'll do the same thing it did with UPN before it went to WRBU and just air it very late at night on KDNL.

If it does come back to this market, it'll probably come back in the form of a subchannel and the only one I could see doing that is Sinclair and KDNL.

what will the unemployed do without their court shows that were on before ION? :lol:

what will the unemployed do without their court shows that were on before ION? :lol:

WRBU didn't have any of the court shows people watched. They mainly carried the cheap (most likely barter or time-buy) Byron Allen fake court shows. I don't think the station had a cash or cash-plus show on their schedule due to their financial problems.

If St Louis have a subchannel of MNTV would St Louis be the only large market with a network as a subchannel or is there any market larger than St Louis have a network that is a subchannel

Depends how you define large

In Columbus MNTV is on 6.2

In Dayton MNTV is on 45.2

In Cincinnati CW is on 12.2

In West Palm MNTV is on 15.2

Salt Lake City KUTV-DT2 2.2

Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York WHP-DT2 21.21 2006 New digital subchannel Sinclair Broadcast Group

Memphis, Tennessee WLMT-DT2 30.21 2011 RTV

Jacksonville WAWS-DT2 30.21 2006 New digital subchannel

Providence-New Bedford WNAC-DT2 64.21 2006 New digital subchannel LIN Television

Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York WHP-DT2 21.21 2006 New digital subchannel Sinclair Broadcast Group

Providence-New Bedford WNAC-DT2 64.21 2006 New digital subchannel LIN Television

I'm defining large like markets that is in #20 and up

If MyTV offered a programming service similar to how PrimeTime Entertainment Network operated in the early 90s, then there could be justification for its existence. Instead, it's nothing but "Law & Order: CI/SVU" reruns, which easily can be seen on Bravo, Oxygen, USA or WGN America at any given point and time.

If MyTV offered a programming service similar to how PrimeTime Entertainment Network operated in the early 90s, then there could be justification for its existence. Instead, it's nothing but "Law & Order: CI/SVU" reruns, which easily can be seen on Bravo, Oxygen, USA or WGN America at any given point and time.

If this were Reddit I'd try to upvote you five times.

I'm defining large like markets that is in #20 and up

Salt Lake City is currently the largest market. They have a subchannel (KUTV 2.2) but it's also a simulcast of full-power KMYU from St. George.

The next one down would be Columbus and WSYX 6.2.

Coincidentally these are both owned by our favorite TV group (Sinclair). That's why I think if My Network TV comes back to St. Louis, it'll be on KDNL 30.2. Now the question is does Sinclair think it's worth it?

WRBU didn't have any of the court shows people watched. They mainly carried the cheap (most likely barter or time-buy) Byron Allen fake court shows. I don't think the station had a cash or cash-plus show on their schedule due to their financial problems.

it was also only broadcasting in 480i

Also, no local station in STL airs reruns of American Dad, King of the Hill, The Cleveland Show, or South Park, what are the clearances for those shows in the rest of the country

Well, all four shows are readily available on cable. Both TBS and Adult Swim play "American Dad!" and "Family Guy" ad nauseam.

In fact, while shows like "The Big Bang Theory" are successful in both OTA and cable syndication, other shows clearly aren't. Both "South Park" and "It's Always Sunny" have struggled in OTA syndication, mainly because they obviously have to be heavily edited. Comedy Central's reruns of both shows, for the most part, aren't.

Well, all four shows are readily available on cable. Both TBS and Adult Swim play "American Dad!" and "Family Guy" ad nauseam.

maybe some people don't like strech-o-vision, the reruns of SD episodes of those shows air in their aspect ratio on local channels

that station has aired Fox Kids and some UPN shows

And it didn't go over well in the end.

One of the sections of New World at 20 will probably have a brief look at the Fox Kids tenure of KNLC. It lasted two years before Fox, having seen KNLC (sickened by the shows and the national ads) stop selling the local ads to air messages about topics like the death penalty, gay marriage and abortion, had enough.

Similarly, their UPN affiliation lasted less than 18 months. KNLC refused to clear the entire network schedule and was out by September 2000.

Archived