"Peirs Morgan Live" ending

tvnewsjunkie

At least Jay Leno is a decent and generally likeable interviewer.

His jokes most times leaves a lot to be desired, but he's a damn good interviewer and Him and CNN seems like a mostly good fit for him. To Piers... Good riddance and take that trash style of UK Journalism with you. That guy was so smug to me.

dWEWvl.jpg

Doesn't Leno's contract with NBC last until September? (IIRC, the terms of his departure from "Tonight" involved paying his staff for that duration...)

Unless NBC is willing to let him walk early. And to MSNBC's "competitor."

But, hell, it's not like Larry King was a preeminent journalist when CNN plucked him for the 9pm slot.

Oh great, just what CNN needs, 20-year old Clinton jokes.

I'm surprised no one has made a reference yet

What's the possibility that CNN hires both Katie Couric and Leno for primetime? It's not as if "Katie" has that much left to go, either...

Katie gets the 9pm slot, with Jay taking the 10pm slot.

Of course it's not really original in any way. Which is why it's incredibly possible.

What's the possibility that CNN hires both Katie Couric and Leno for primetime? It's not as if "Katie" has that much left to go, either...

Katie gets the 9pm slot, with Jay taking the 10pm slot.

Of course it's not really original in any way. Which is why it's incredibly possible.

And people are saying Jeff Zucker is ruining CNN.

Based on the fact that he nearly killed NBC, as well as the fact that he's killing CNN, I think Zucker is nothing more than a cancer to all of television.

I still can't figure out what the execs at Time Warner were smoking when they came up with that decision.

It's not like it was a closely guarded secret regarding the horrendous handling of NBC during Zucker's reign.

Based on the fact that he nearly killed NBC, as well as the fact that he's killing CNN, I think Zucker is nothing more than a cancer to all of television.

Considering it was Jon Klein's idea to hire Tears for Piers (as well as the equally unlikable Elliot Spitzer and ratings-allergic Soledad O'Brian) it can be easily ascertained that TimeWarner either can't - or refuses to - hire anyone competent to run CNN.

I was very curious of the decision to hire him. I do like some of the moves so far like letting go of Piers Morgan. Also, Around the World at noon needed to go because most people don't want international news while they eat lunch. I know I always changed the channel at noon after watching all morning long.

Archived